City University of Hong Kong Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
City University of Hong Kong (CityU), offers associate, bachelors and research degrees to students. CityU has been ranked #21 in Asia for excellence in academics and research achievements. The University has also been ranked #5 in top 50 under 50 universities. Consisting of 10 colleges, the university has mostly high qualified mentors holding research degrees.
|No. of International Students||4,000|
|No. of Departments||27|
|No. of Courses Offered||130+|
|Research Funding||HKD 1545.9 million|
|Application Fee||UG: HKD 450; PG: HKD 200|
|Part Time Job||Available, to support studies|
Programs and On-Campus Accommodation
- Some of the globally top 50 ranked courses, offered at CityU are: Linguistics, Communication & Media, Mathematics, Civil & Structural Engineering, Social Policy & Administration, etc.
- There are 11 residential halls, which can accommodate students at CityU.
City University of Hong Kong Application Process
- Documents required: Copy of passport/visa, high school transcripts/graduation certificate. The following documents required for:
- PG admissions- Bachelor degree/diploma, research proposal and publications record.
- Application deadlines: November 15, 2018; January 3, 2019
- Selection criteria: Past academic performance, non-academic achievements, and merit.
- Additional Requirements: There may be an interview, depending upon the choice of course. Students will be judged on the basis of interview also, if at all it takes place.
- English Language Test Score Requirements:
|Test Name||UG Required Score||PG Required Score|
Cost of Attendance
|Tuition Fee||HKD 140,000|
|Accommodation Fee||HKD 15,000|
|Living Expenses||HKD 36,000|
There around 120 scholarships offered to international students at CityU. Some of them are:
Entrance Scholarship Scheme: HKD 180,000 is offered to students.
HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund
Outstanding Athletes Entrance Scholarships for Non-Local Students
Find a Program
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Times Higher Education
Computer Science (International)
View More >>
QS World University
Hong Kong is a major financial hub and since I wanted to pursue Economics and Finance, I chose a university in Hong Kong. I chose this university mainly because of their College of Business and the courses they offered.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum is very thorough and quite up to date. Some courses are more updated and relevant than others. The academic environment is quite competitive but intellectually stimulating.
As an alumnus, I know the richness of education at CUHK. My education was excellent, not just in the traditional classroom sense, but also in the relationships I had with professors. I wanted to teach at a liberal arts institution where academic rigor and critical thinking were valued alongside caring for the whole person. I knew that existed at CUHK. Learning, I believe, happens best in an environment with high expectations and deep concern for the person. The application fee for the online process was $85.
Course Curriculum :
The major in Psychology aimed at providing us with comprehensive training in psychology, with emphasis on research competence in the study of human behavior, for further advancement in professional practice in human and social behavioral services. Thus I studied very interesting as well as a very innovative course.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary