Dublin Institute of Technology Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
Established in 1885, the Dublin Institute of Technology is the largest 3rd-level institution in Ireland including 21,000 full-time students, 4,000 apprentices, and 8,500 part-time students. Globally, it has been placed in top 10% for conducting green campus activities. Also, it has secured #751 rank out of 18,000 institutions worldwide.
It houses 28,500 students in total representing over 85 different nations. DIT has received highest amount of external funding for doctoral programs among all other institutions in Ireland.
|University Type||Public University|
|No. of Campuses||3|
|No. of Residence Halls||Not available|
|Graduate Job Rate||85%|
|Research Funding||80 Billion|
|Cost of Attendance||24,500 EUR|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time/online/Part-time|
Dublin Institute of Technology Programs, Campus, and Accommodation
- More than 150 programs are offered across faculties of Arts, Business, Engineering, and Technology at UG, PG and doctorate level.
- It has 3 main campuses located at Dublin City, Tallaght, and Blanchardstown and other campuses at Kevin, Aungier, Rathmines, Cathal Brugha and Bolton Street.
- Presently, on-campus accommodation is unavailable. However, DIT assists students to arrange off-campus accommodation at weekly rent ranging between 100-300 EUR.
Dublin Institute of Technology Application Process
- Application: Both online and offline application can be made through CAO.
- Application fee: 45 EUR
- Application deadline: April 30, 2019 for most of the programs.
- General requirements: Academic transcripts, English-translated degree completion certificate, mark sheets, grading scale, English language certification
- Additional requirements: passport copy/citizen ID card, CV, references for work experience.
- English Proficiency Test: IELTs/TOEFL/equivalent test scores are required
|English proficiency tests||Minimum Scores|
|Internet-based TOEFL (iBT)||92|
|Pearson (PTE Academic)||62|
Dublin Institute of Technology Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance is inclusive of tuition fee and cost of living.
The annual tuition fee for UG and PG courses are given below:
|Courses||UG Fee (EUR)||PG Fee (EUR)|
Cost of Living
|Expense||Annual Cost (EUR)|
Dublin Institute of Technology Financial Aid
Students may avail financial assistance through part-time job/grants/scholarships/student assistance fund. Some of the scholarships offered by DIT are:
- DIT College of Business Scholarship: 1,000 EUR is awarded to 1st year Business students.
- Centenary Scholarships for International Students: 50% rebate is offered on the tuition fee of all the programs.
Dublin Institute of Technology Alumni
- There are over 90,000 alumni across the globe.
- The alumni are offered benefits such as discounts on gym membership, further study, health insurance, special rate on affinity credit card, career support and connection with other alumni.
- Some of the notable alumni are Liam Cunningham, Alan Joyce, and George Hook.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
QS World University
RANKED #751 - #800
I visited Ireland at my uncle's house and he recommended me to stay back and do my bachelor's from this university as he was for media with the university. Without giving a second thought I decided to take admission here and applied to the online photo of the college.
Course Curriculum :
I developed a deep understanding of the computer from a very basic to an advanced level. I was taught a lot of programming languages.
It is Ireland’s first Technological University and it has career-focused curriculum, dedicated staff, and academic excellence in science, the arts, business, engineering, and technology converge to create the leaders of tomorrow, these were the things that impressed me. After securing a GPA of 8.1, I had to submit an online application form. The application fee was around €45.
Course Curriculum :
My course appeals to prospective digital creatives. They helped me to find and develop my creativity and give me the tools and techniques to express it. The groups blend filmmakers, graphic designers, web designers, app developers, and animators into a creative, exciting mix. They look for us with passion and flair, good visual awareness, and an interest in media, design, the internet, and technology.
I decided to study at the Dublin Institute of Technology due to various reasons. One of the reasons for studying there is its award-winning program leaders, lecturers, and tutors that come from a diverse array of digital disciplines and bring their impressive industry experience to our class.
Course Curriculum :
I am studying the Civil Engineering course that is a broad professional discipline. My course includes the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built provides me a platform. Some Civil Engineers design such as roads, bridges, airports, railways, ports, roads, buildings, water, waste, and energy systems are taken up in the classrooms.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary