Royal College of Surgeons - Ireland Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
Founded in 1784, the Royal College of Surgeons has been ranked in the top 250 Universities worldwide by the Times Higher Education. It is a non-profit institution and has laid special emphasis on healthcare research and education.
It has nearly 4000 students representing 60 nations worldwide. Presently, it is offering a broad spectrum of courses across the schools of Medicine, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy and Nursing. Worldwide, Clinical Medicine has been ranked #407 in the subject rankings (Best Global University Ranking)
|University Type||Public University|
|No. of Campuses||4 (international)|
|No. of Accommodation Complexes||2|
|Research Funding||More than 25 million EUR|
|Cost of Attendance||18,000 USD|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and online|
Royal College of Surgeons Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- There are total 3 and 7 faculties at UG and PG level, respectively.
- RCSI has 4 international campuses based at Dublin, Bahrain, Kuala Lumpur and Penang.
- There are 2 main accommodation complexes: Mercer Court and New Mill comprising shared and single rooms, respectively.
Royal College of Surgeons Application Process
- Application: Application can be made on the online portal.
- Application fee: 75 EUR
- Application deadline: February 1
- General requirements: Official academic transcripts, official programme completion certificate, mark sheets, CV, SOP, research proposal (PG/Doctorate).
- Additional requirements: Birth certificate, passport copy, and passport-sized photograph.
- English Proficiency Test: IELTs/TOEFL/equivalent test scores are required
|English proficiency tests||Minimum Scores|
|Pearson PTE Academic||67|
|Cambridge CAE/CPE||Grade A/B/C|
Royal College of Surgeons Cost of Attendance
|UG programmes||Fee (USD)|
|Medical Commencement Programme||11,300|
|B.Sc. Nursing Bridging||18,000|
|Light and heat||775|
|Total expense (average)||7,705-10,980|
Royal College of Surgeons Financial Aid
The international students may seek financial aid in form of:
- Student Hardship Fund: It provides monetary help in cases of emergency situations and does not cover tuition expenses.
- Student loans: The student loans available for students are Canadian Student Loan Programme and US Federal loan.
- Scholarships: Some of the popular scholarships offered to international students are:
|Aim High Medicine Scholarship||3,500 EUR (Financial) + 7,000 EUR (Travel allowance)|
|Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship||3,500 EUR (Financial) + 7,000 EUR (Travel allowance)|
|International Pharmacy Scholarship||50% rebate on tuition fee|
Royal College of Surgeons Alumni
- RCSI has over 17,000 alumni across the globe.
- Through Alumni card, the RCSI alumni avail facilities of coffee, library, gym membership, PG degree at discounted fee and can also take part in Seanad Éireann Elections.
- Some distinguished alumni are Thomas Crean, Peter Butler, and Abraham Colles.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Times Higher Education
RANKED #201 - #250
I had graduated in medicine and was looking up for option online and through other sources when I came across this college.It is one of the oldest institution where the surgeons are trained. Thus, without giving a second thought, I went ahead with the application process to pay €75 online for the further application process.
Course Curriculum :
During the foundation years, I was taught through a mixture of lectures and small group teaching involving tutorials, anatomy practicals, clinical skills training and patient encounters. Thus, it's an extremely vast syllabus which covers the core of the medicine and helps us build a professional attitude.
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
- Bus Station
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary