Founded in 1784, the Royal College of Surgeons has been ranked in the top 250 Universities worldwide by the Times Higher Education. It is a non-profit institution and has laid special emphasis on healthcare research and education.
It has nearly 4000 students representing 60 nations worldwide. Presently, it is offering a broad spectrum of courses across the schools of Medicine, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy and Nursing. Worldwide, Clinical Medicine has been ranked #407 in the subject rankings (Best Global University Ranking)
|University Type||Public University|
|No. of Campuses||4 (international)|
|No. of Accommodation Complexes||2|
|Research Funding||More than 25 million EUR|
|Cost of Attendance||18,000 USD|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and online|
Royal College of Surgeons Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- There are total 3 and 7 faculties at UG and PG level, respectively.
- RCSI has 4 international campuses based at Dublin, Bahrain, Kuala Lumpur and Penang.
- There are 2 main accommodation complexes: Mercer Court and New Mill comprising shared and single rooms, respectively.
Royal College of Surgeons Application Process
- Application: Application can be made on the online portal.
- Application fee: 75 EUR
- Application deadline: February 1
- General requirements: Official academic transcripts, official programme completion certificate, mark sheets, CV, SOP, research proposal (PG/Doctorate).
- Additional requirements: Birth certificate, passport copy, and passport-sized photograph.
- English Proficiency Test: IELTs/TOEFL/equivalent test scores are required
|English proficiency tests||Minimum Scores|
|Pearson PTE Academic||67|
|Cambridge CAE/CPE||Grade A/B/C|
Royal College of Surgeons Cost of Attendance
|UG programmes||Fee (USD)|
|Medical Commencement Programme||11,300|
|B.Sc. Nursing Bridging||18,000|
|Light and heat||775|
|Total expense (average)||7,705-10,980|
Royal College of Surgeons Financial Aid
The international students may seek financial aid in form of:
- Student Hardship Fund: It provides monetary help in cases of emergency situations and does not cover tuition expenses.
- Student loans: The student loans available for students are Canadian Student Loan Programme and US Federal loan.
- Scholarships: Some of the popular scholarships offered to international students are:
|Aim High Medicine Scholarship||3,500 EUR (Financial) + 7,000 EUR (Travel allowance)|
|Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship||3,500 EUR (Financial) + 7,000 EUR (Travel allowance)|
|International Pharmacy Scholarship||50% rebate on tuition fee|
Royal College of Surgeons Alumni
- RCSI has over 17,000 alumni across the globe.
- Through Alumni card, the RCSI alumni avail facilities of coffee, library, gym membership, PG degree at discounted fee and can also take part in Seanad Éireann Elections.
- Some distinguished alumni are Thomas Crean, Peter Butler, and Abraham Colles.