Trinity College Dublin was established in the year 1592 and is one of the oldest educational institutions in Ireland. The University has topped in Ireland for academic and employer reputation, research impact, international student and faculty (QS 2019).
Also, it has been ranked #1 for international outlook. It has been placed in the top 100 in the world for 16 subject areas, such as History, Medical, Law, Sociology and many more. It is an international University attracting staffs and students from more than 120 countries.
Trinity College Dublin Highlights
|University Type||Public University|
|No. of Campuses|| 1|
|No. of Accommodation Complexes|| 4|
|Global Employability Ranking||#101-110|
|Average Cost of Attendance||25,436 EUR|
|Research funding||More than 200 million EUR (since 2004)|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and online|
Trinity College Dublin Courses, Campus, and Accommodation
- It offers over 400 programmes across 3 faculties and 24 schools to nearly 17,000 students at UG, PG and doctorate level. The University has been globally acknowledged for Nanotechnology, IT, Nursing, and Politics.
- With 51 acres of campus area, TCD comprises an excess of 220,000 m2 of buildings showcasing a blend of historical and modern architecture.
- There is 1 residence hall catering to above 1000 residents. Additionally, it accommodates students at Kavanagh Court and Binary Hub.
Trinity College Dublin Application Process
- Application: Students can apply through an online application portal.
- Application fee: 55 EUR
- Application deadline: UG Courses- February 1; PG Courses- June 30
- General requirements: 2 academic references, academic transcripts,
- degree certificate, English proficiency test scores.
- Additional requirements: Birth certificate, passport copy, letter of recommendation, statement of purpose, CV
English Proficiency Test: The acceptable English test scores are:
|English proficiency tests||Minimum Scores|
|TOEFL||88 (internet-based), 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based|
|University of Cambridge|| Grade C|
Trinity College Dublin Cost of Attendance
Annual Tuition Fee
|Disciplines||Undergraduate (EUR)||Postgraduate (EUR)||Research (EUR)|
|Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences||19,426||7,431-10,712||7,43-10,712|
| Engineering, Mathematics & Science||25,436||14,884-16,640||10,223-14,605|
| Health Sciences||16,434-45,000||8,915-13,360||14,683|
Trinity College Dublin Cost of Living
The average cost of living is 11,766 EUR per annum and is affected majorly by the type of accommodation opted.
|Accommodation type||Weekly Cost (EUR)|
Trinity College Dublin Financial Aid
The international students can seek financial in form of scholarships. Some of the scholarships available at UG and PG level are:
|Global Business Scholarship||Rebate of 5000 EUR on tuition fee|
|Global Excellence Undergraduate Scholarship||Rebate of 3000-5000 EUR on tuition fee|
|Sports Scholarship||750-1500 EUR|
|Postgraduate Research Scholarship||6,500 EUR|
|The government of Ireland Scholarship||100% tuition fee waiver|
Trinity College Dublin Alumni
- Nearly 100,000+alumni are based across 130 countries globally.
- The benefits offered to the alumni include library access, campus wifi, career advice, free online courses, sports and club membership.
- Some of the distinguished alumni are Anne Enright, Bram Stoker, and Brendan Kennelly.