Ucsi University Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
The UCSI University of Malaysia enrolls roughly 1000 to 10,000 students each year. International students constitute 24% of the total student population.
- The university offers around 100+ programs at different study levels in various subject areas for the applicant to choose from. Students are accepted for the program based on the strength of their academics.
- The admissions are open for the three semesters depending on the program- spring, summer, and autumn semester.
- Students can apply for admission through the application portal of the university with the payment of the application fee which also includes the EMGS payment.
|Application||UCSI University Online Registration|
|Application fee(inclusive of EMGS payment)||Varies with course|
|English language proficiency||IELTS/ TOEFL/ MUET or equivalent|
|Mode of payment||Telegraphic transfer|
|Academic calendar||3 semesters per year|
|Intake sessions||January, May & September|
|Work experience||Required for few courses and post-graduation|
|Contact Details||+603-9101 8882|
UCSI University accepts admissions for 3 intakes in a year.
The admissions are open for:
- Spring Semester(January)
- Summer Semester(May)
- Autumn Semester(September)
The intake for courses varies according to the program.
NOTE- The university holds the right to change the dates mentioned above. Kindly check the university website for regular updates.
Ucsi University International Admissions
International applicants are required to register themselves with UCSI University. The university upon receipt of all the required documents and application fees will apply for a student visa on the applicant’s behalf. It is recommended for the applicant to check the eligibility status with the university counselors, prior to registration.
International students require the following documents for admission in PDF Format:
- Academic qualification
- Academic transcripts and completion certificates
- For graduate programs, students also need to provide
- CV/ Resume
- 2-3 page essay or personal statement
- Passport copy valid for minimum 18 months with all the pages including the cover page(in color)
- Passport size photographs with the strict agreement as guidelines from EMGS.(JPG Format)
- Health Declaration Form & Medical Report Form
- Accommodation Application Form(if required)
- Additional Documents
- Declaration letter issued by the home country’s Ministry of Education
- NOC for students with Sudanese passport issued by Sudan Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Eligibility Letter for students with Iranian passport issued by Iran Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Telegraphic Transfer(TT) receipt of Application Fee
|Program Type||Application Fee(inclusive of EMGS Payment)|
|Kuala Lumpur Campus|
|All programs except music, medicine, pharmacy, and postgraduates||RM 2,790|
|Music programs||RM 3,090|
|Medicine, Pharmacy, and Postgraduate||RM 3,290|
|English enrichment programs||RM 2,440|
|All programs||RM 1,370|
|Certificate in English||RM 1,020|
|BBA(Hons) Oil and Gas Management Foundation Studies||RM 2,790|
|MBA Oil and Gas Management||RM 3,290|
|English Enrichment Program||RM 2,440|
NOTE- The EMGS renewal payment varies for subsequent years according to the nationality of the student.
Indonesian students enrolled in programs with a duration of more than a year are supposed to pay RM 300 as payment of two years Visa and I-Kad.
English language requirements
The university asks for a minimum of English Language proficiency. Students must also have A/A+/A- in the English Language at secondary and higher secondary levels. The English proficiency requirement differs according to the program.
Some of the English proficiency exams accepted at UCSI University include:
- IELTS – International English Language Testing System
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
- PTE – Pearson Test of English
- MUET – Malaysian University English Test run by Malaysian Examination Council
NOTE- IF THE APPLICANT DOES NOT MEET THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS, THEY MAY BE ASKED TO TAKE AN ENGLISH COURSE(S) AT THE UNIVERSITY PRIOR TO OR CONCURRENTLY WITH THE UNDERGRADUATE COURSE.
Applicants for postgraduate studies may be exempted from the tests if they show proof that their previous education was in the English Language.
UCSI University applies for the student visa/ student pass on behalf of the applicant. Once all the documents are received by the university, the university will apply for the Visa Approval Letter(VAL). Students are supposed to meet all the necessary visa requirements for Malaysia.
- Once the university receives the full payment mentioned in the Letter of Admission(LoA), they will send the softcopy of Electronic Visa Approval Letter(eVAL).
- The approval letter from EMGS will take about 6-8 weeks.
- The VAL is valid for 6 months.
- Students are suggested to apply for the Student Entry Visa at the Malaysian Consulate or Embassy in their home country after receiving the VAL from the university.
- Upon receiving the Entry Visa, students are suggested to make the travel arrangements and fill the Immigration Clearance and Pick Up form at IIS.
- Also, the students are suggested to let UCSI know about their arrival at least 5 working days before leaving their country so that the university can send the details of the UCSI Representative who would be their at the airport for the immigration clearance.
- Without the representative, the student won’t be able to clear the immigration at Malaysian airport and a late request fee of RM 200 will be charged.
Ucsi University Undergraduate Admissions
Where to apply: UCSI Admission Portal
Programs: UCSI University offers a variety of pre-university and undergraduate programs at its three campuses. The university offers programs in engineering, management, medical and health science, applied sciences, hospitality and tourism, information technology, etc. For details, click here.
Requirements: The academic requirements differ for the programs. Students can refer to the university website for the program specific requirements. The basic requirements for international students include:
- Completion of year 10 and 12
- English language proficiency
Tuition Fee: The fee differs for the programs. For details, click here.
Ucsi University Graduate Admissions
UCSI University offers various courses for post-graduation from different subject areas. The basic academic requirements are the same for all courses and that is, satisfactory completion of the undergraduate course in the relevant field. If the applicant does not meet the academic requirements, they can secure entry by having work experience in the relevant field. Some of the courses and the additional requirements are tabulated below.
|Course||Intake session||Additional Requirements||English language requirements|
|Master of Arts & Design||January, May, September||3 years of work experience in the field if bachelor’s degree CGPA not adequate||TOEFL (PBT) – 413, (IBT) – 34
IELTS – 5.0
MUET – band 3
|Master of Music in Performance Studies||January and May||5 years of work experience in the field if bachelor’s degree CGPA not adequate||TOEFL – 550
IELTS – 5.0
MUET – band 3
|Master of Child Psychology||January, May, and September||GRE subject test (psychology) score a minimum of 550||TOEFL – 550
IELTS – 5.0
MUET – band3
|Master of Science (Health Sciences)||Throughout the year||1 or 5 years of experience in the field if bachelor’s degree CGPA not adequate||TOEFL – 550
IELTS – 6.0
|MSc||January, May, September||Certified degree Medicine certificate with transcript AND active medicine license||TOEFL (PBT) – 410;
IELTS – 5.0
|MBA||January, May, September||5 years experience if bachelor’s degree CGPA not adequate||TOEFL (PBT) – 550;
IELTS – 6.0
|DBA (Doctor of Business Administration)
||January, May, September||Masters degree or equivalent||TOEFL (PBT) – 550;
IELTS – 6.0
|Doctor of Philosophy (science)||January, May, September||Masters degree in science or equivalent||TOEFL (PBT) – 410;
IELTS – 5.0
Being one of the leading universities in Malaysia, UCSI University offers several courses at different study levels. It challenges the student at different levels and also guides the student towards the right career path. It is recommended that the students have satisfactory completion of secondary education and English Language Proficiency, in order to increase their chances to get accepted for the course. Upon completion of their further education at UCSI, students have a higher chance of getting placed in some of the leading multinational companies that recruit students from the university.