Universiti Teknologi MARA 2020-2021 Admissions: Entry Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
The largest public university funded by government, Universiti Teknologi MARA or UTM is located in Selangor, Malaysia. Established in 1956 and previously known as RIDA Training Center, UTM has 35 campuses located near places of interest across Malaysia.
- The university is not only largest in terms of size but also in terms of its student population estimating up-to approx. 190,000 students and offering world-class education at affordable cost.
- The university offers around 526 programs among which are 218 postgraduate programs distributed in 28 faculties and the academic taught by more than 17,000 staff members.
- It isone of the top universities in Malaysia that has application intake twice a year.
- It follows semester based academic pattern and provides majors in the field of science & technology, business and management, social-sciences and humanities.
Universiti Teknologi MARA is an internationally acclaimed university known for its high-research programs.
Universiti Teknologi MARA Highlights
|Annual Endowment||MYR 1.99 Billion|
|Accreditation||Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)|
|Work Study Program||YES|
|Mode of Program||Full-time, Part-time.|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Grants, Awards|
Universiti Teknologi MARA Covid-19 Policy
- UiTM is following with movement control order to ensure the community safety.
- The students and staff that are allowed on campus are required to go through regular screening before entering and the campus and receives notification on their entrance.
- UiTM has put in order safe working procedure guidelines for its faculty, staff and students to follow.
- The recent academic amendment for the upcoming year are also released on their official website.
- UiTM is currently conducting the distance learning at home and virtual classes for students to keep them updated and on-track.
Universiti Teknologi MARA Admission Deadline
- Application for postgraduate and other programs are open though-out the years but students must adhere to application deadlines to Study in Malaysia and submit the application before the cut-off dates.
- Application submitted after the cut-off date will be considered for next intake.
|Program||March intake||September intake|
|Coursework||30 November||30 May|
|Research||Rolling Throughout||The year|
Universiti Teknologi MARA International Student Admission
There are certain entrance exams required to study in Malaysia. The university offers admission intake twice a year and follows semester-based pattern. Being the near top-average of your class and maintaining a good academic reputation can easily get you into UiTM.
|Application Fee||RM 150|
|Mode of Payment||Bank transfer/ Internet banking|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships and Grants|
|TOEFL/IELTS||Required (International students only)|
|Intake Season||March and September|
|Academic Pattern||Semester based pattern|
Documents Required for Universiti Teknologi MARA
UiTM is a diverse university and the recent hot-spot in education for international students aiming to study abroad.
International students can apply only for full-time courses.
- Submit online application form via online portal.
- Submit the application fee, 150 RM and attach the copy of processing fee with the rest of documents.
- Copy of official transcripts.
- Copy of graduate degree certificate of relevant subject.
- 2 Referee reports.
- Copy of TOEFL/IELTS official certificate.
- Research proposal for students applying by research.
- Copy of passport.
- Affidavit of financial statement.
- Medical report. (From 2019 onwards, the university officials require a complete student medical check-up report for application and successful admission).
- Once the applicant receives acceptance letter, they can apply for Malaysian visa approval letter.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
International applicants who don’t have English as their native language must provide proof of proficiency in the English language by submitting scores of either the TOEFL or IELTS.
Visa Process for International Students
The international students have to get a study visa for Malaysia to complete a program in the university because part-time study is not permitted. To acquire a student visa, the applicant must pay RM 150.00.
Universiti Teknologi MARA Undergraduate Admissions
The options available are distinguished as coursework or research. The study areas provide 30 major programs with the division as science and technology, business and management and social sciences and humanities.
Where to Apply: Online portal for international applicants
Processing Fee: USD50 for international applicants not residing in Malaysia or RM150 for international applicants residing within Malaysia must be submitted either through Bank transfer/ Internet banking or telegraph transfer while applying to study in Malaysia.
Admission requirements: There are various program-specific requirements for applying to the university which is given below:
- Academic qualifications – The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree with honors in the relevant field which is completed from a university recognized by the Senate and the Malaysian government.
- Other requirements – This includes a proof of the financial ability showing that the applicant has sufficient funds to study and live in Malaysia which must be supported with a letter of sponsorship/ guarantee and financial statement of the applicant’s bank.
- Medical report – The University’s health authorities conduct a medical check-up of the applicant which must be cleared for successful admission.
- Passport – The applicant must be having an international passport with a minimum of 2 years validity and complete procedures related to immigration.
- English proficiency test results must be submitted to check whether the applicant is eligible for full admission or will have to undergo a course before commencement of the program.
- Certified true copy of transcript and academic certificate must also be attached.
Finally, the applicant must prepare a checklist of all the above documents. Scanned copies of all these must be sent by post to the address provided on the checklist.
Universiti Teknologi MARA Graduate Admissions
- UiTM offers overall 526 programs out of which 218 are post-graduate programs.
- There are 94 professional courses provided by the UiTM where it partners with other universities to deliver world-class academic and research opportunities to its students.
- The university has 3 main departments i.e. science and technology, business and management, social sciences and humanities and 28 faculty consisting of engineering, dentistry, pharmacy, medical science, sports and recreation, accountancy, IT, hotel and tourism, law, music, contemporary Islamic studies, language studies, film and theatre and many more.
- Among the plethora of courses offered by Universiti Teknologi MARA, the university is famous internationally for its post-graduate course where students can apply either by coursework or by research.
- The programs are offered in full-time and part-time mode.
- However, international students cannot apply for part-time education and apply for full-time programs only.
Universiti Teknologi MARA Popular Graduate Programs
|Requirements||Master of Science Biology
|Masters of Accountancy
|Masters of Law
|Masters of Administrative Science
|Application fee||150 RM||150 RM||150 RM||150 RM|
|TOEFL/IELTS||Required for International Applicants||Required for International Applicants||Required for International Applicants||Required for International Applicants|
|Letter of recommendation||Required||Required||Required||Required|
|Research Proposal||Required||Not Required||Not Required||Required|
|Work experience||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required|
- Submit the application by the university online portal.
- Application fee is 150 RM or 50 USD. Submit the copy of processing fee along with other documents.
- Official transcripts.
- Graduate degree in relevant subject from Higher institute.
- 2 letters of recommendation or referee report
- TOEFL/IELTS scores for international applicants only.
- Research proposal is compulsory for students applying by research.
All the scanned copy of documents must be sent to the universities official admission email i.e. email@example.com or mailed to the university’s admission office before the deadline.
Education Future International Scholarships, Malaysian International Scholarships and the UiTM Endowment Scholarships provides monthly allowances, partial tuition fee, and other expense to aid them financially and is awarded to undergraduate and postgraduate students and also international students.
Universiti Teknologi MARA FAQs
Ques: Is it easy to get admission into UiTM?
Ans: Maintaining and average GPA of 2.75 along with good academic record can get you admission at UiTM.
Ques: Do I need any entrance exam for admission at UiTM?
Ans: No, besides the English proficiency test for international students, no entrance test scores are required.
Ques: Does UiTM offers scholarships?
Ans: Uitm offers scholarships to its students both local and international.
Ques: Does UiTM charges application fee for online form?
Ans: Yes 150 RM is application fee.
Ques: Can I apply for part-time study program at UiTM?
Ans: If you are an international applicant you can only apply for full-time study programs.
Ques: What type of university is UiTM?
Ans: UiTM is a government funded public university known for its high intensive research work.
Ques: When can I apply for admission at UiTM?
Ans: UiTM has admission intake twice a year i.e. March and September. Check the program detail to know the deadline.