Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to Ph.D, M.Phil and Diploma Courses of Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi. Last date to apply for these courses is December 22, 2015. Admission will be done on the basis of an entrance test only for Ph.D and M.Phil programmes.
Key Dates for CIP Ranchi:
Online Registration Starting From
November 22, 2015
Last Date of Online Registration
December 22, 2015
Last Date to Receive the Hard Copy of Filled in Application Form at CIP
December 30, 2015
Admit Card for Written Test Can be Downloaded From
January 25, 2016
Date of Written Examination
February 21, 2016
Date of Interview & Practical (of shortlisted candidates)
Between February 23-26, 2016
Last Date to Join the Programmes
March 31, 2016
Start of Session 2016-17
May 01, 2016
1. For Ph.D and M.Phil Candidates: Selected Candidates will get scholarship of Rs. 8000/- per month
2. For Diploma Candidates: Selected candidates will get scholarship of Rs. 2500/- per month
CIP Ranchi Ph.D., M.Phil and Diploma Courses Eligibility Criteria:
Ph.D. (Clinical Psychology)
Passed a M.Phil degree in (Clinical Psychology/ Medical & Social Psychology) from any recognized University
2 Years After M.Phil Degree
M.Phil (Clinical Psychology)
Passed a M.Sc./ M.A. in Psychology regular course from a recognized University with minimum of 55% marks for General candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST and OBC in the aggregate.
M.Phil (Psychiatric Social Work)
Passed MA in Sociology/ Master in Social Work(MSW) regular course from a recognized University with minimum 55% marks (General) and 50% marks for SC/ST and OBC in the aggregate.
Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing
Qualification:‘A’ Grade Certificate or Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery.
Experience: 2 years’ Experience as Staff Nurse
CIP Ranchi Admission Procedure:
1. For Ph.D (Clinical Psychology) Course: Candidate must have obtained the certificate of passing M. Phil (M&SP/Clinical Psychology) on or before May 31, 2016.
2. For M.Phil (Cl. Psychology), M.Phil (PSW): Candidates should have passed MA/M.Sc in Psychology, Sociology & Master of Social Work and results must be declared on or before February 21, 2016.
3. For the Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing: Candidates should have a 2 years working experience certificate as a staff nurse on or before February 21, 2016.
CIP Ranchi Seats Distribution:
Course Name/ Category
Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
04 Seats (No Reservation)
M.Phil in Clinical Psychology
M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work
Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing
CIP Ranchi Entrance Test Fee:
- For General and OBC Candidates: Rs. 400/-
- For SC and ST Categories: Rs. 300/-
Application Process for CIP Ranchi Ph.D., M.Phil and Diploma Courses:
- Candidates Apply Online through CIP Website
- Fill the application form with all details
- Take the printout of filled in application form on A-4 Size Paper
- Pay the application fee through DD
- DD should be drawn in favour of "Director, CIP", Ranchi payable at Ranchi
- Send the application form before December 30, 2016 along with DD to
Central Institute of Psychiatry
Admit Card: Candidates download their admit card from the institute website. Admit cards will not be sent by post.Last Updated - 01 Dec 2015