PGIMER M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2015:
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh invites applications for M.Sc. Nursing programme for academic session 2015-16 through entrance exam.
Total No. of Seats-
|Category||For Others||For PGI Staff|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||04||—|
|Schedule Tribes (ST)||02||01|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||07||02|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||01||—|
Note: The number of seats mentioned for Orthopedic Physical Handicapped (OPH) will be adjusted against the category to which he / she belongs. The candidates having disability to the tune of 40% to 50% of lower extremity declared by authorized Medical Board of the State Govt. / Govt. of India or any other Competent Authority authorized in this regard by the Government having Nursing expert as a member of the Board only to be considered.
Eligibility Criteria for PGIMER M.Sc. Nursing Course 2015:
- Candidate must have passed B.Sc. Nursing/Post-Basic from an Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and PGIMER, Chandigarh or its equivalent with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- Applicant should have minimum one year of work experience after registration as Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife by 10th June 2015 (the last date for submission of applications) in bedside nursing in a minimum 100 bedded hospital (for private hospitals only) or Public Health Nursing or in Nursing Educational Institutions recognized by the Indian Nursing Council after B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) or before and after Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- The experience certificate in this regard must be on the letter head of the hospital and should clearly indicate the capacity of the hospital in terms of number of beds and should be approved by State/Central Govt. failing which experience will not be considered.
- Candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife as approved by INC or substitute registration in the case of male candidates fully qualified for nursing of men, women and children.
Important Dates for PGIMER M.Sc. Nursing Course 2015:
|Date of opening of Registration||28th April 2015|
|Last date for filling of online application||25th May 2015|
|Last date of fee deposit in Bank||29th May 2015|
|Date of Entrance Examination||05th July 2015 at 10:00 AM|
|Declaration of Result||06th July 2015 at 11:00 AM|
|Counseling||07th July 2015 at 02:30 PM|
- Entrance examinations will be held at Chandigarh only.
- Candidate will not be allowed to sit in the examination hall without a valid Admit Card.
- Candidates must report at the examination centre ONE HOUR BEFORE the scheduled time of the start of exam.
PGIMER M.Sc. Nursing Course 2015 Application Fee Details:
Mode of Payment
All the candidates are directed to deposit the fees in State Bank of India by filling the Challan form in the name of "Director, PGIMER", Chandigarh (Examination) in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319 and those Applicants who have SBI account can also pay the their fee through i-collect service of SBI.
How to Apply for PGIMER M.Sc. Nursing Course 2015?
- Applicants can apply online only through PGIMER, Chandigarh website www.pgimer.edu.in
- First of all candidate must have a valid personal email ID, if any Applicant does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she must create a new email ID before applying Online.
- The complete application form along with all the relevant documents should reach the office of Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarhon or before the closing date.
Procedure for Online Application Form:
- Opening the PGIMER website (pgimer.edu.in) and M.Sc. Nursing Exam – Session 2015′
- Now open the Online Application Form on the website and fill up the required fields.
- Now click on Register Button. This will allot you a unique registration number, login Id and Password.
- login id and password will be sent at the email address and mobile no.provided by you
- Click on next button
- Now candidate will require to enter his/her personal and educational details
- After filling the details upload your scanned photograph and signature
- Now click on Print Bank Challanand take print out of challan Form
- Deposit the requisite fee in any Branch of State Bank of India anywhere in India;
- After that the Applicant fill the Challan Form No./I-collect No. in the Application Form.
The Applicant will download / print the filled Application for and paste a photograph on the available space and place his/her signature on the Application Form.
The Applicant will attach all the relevant certificates / Annexures and Challan Form with the Application and sent the same to the Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh.
PGIMER M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2015 Admit Card:
To download your Admit Card, you will
- Visit PGIMER website www.pgimer.edu.in and click the on link ‘M.Sc. Nursing Exam – Session 2015′
- Click on Login button and login with your login id and password
- Click on ‘PRINT ADMIT CARD’ to download and print your Admit Card
- Admit will not be sent by Post. Intimation about when to download the Admit Card will be sent to you through email.
- Roll Numbers/Admit Cards for appearing in the entrance examination will be available for download to eligible candidates approximately 15 days before the date of concerned entrance exam.
PGIMER M.Sc. Nursing 2015 Exam Pattern:
Questions in entrance exam will be of objective type and paper medium is English language. Question paper will consist of 100 Questions. Negative Marking (0.25) will be done for each wrong answer.
|S. No.||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|1||Medical Surgical Nursing||15||15|
|2||Community Health Nursing||15||15|
|4||Child Health Nursing||15||15|
|5||Mental Health Nursing||15||15|
|6||Trends in Nursing||15||15|
Merit list of Applicants is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Online Entrance Exam. Merit list is prepared for each category of Applicants viz.:
- SC/ST & OBC
- Orthopedic Physically Handicapped
- PGI deputed Applicants to the courses of B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) and M.Sc. Nursing.
Selection Method for PGIMER M.Sc. Nursing Admission 2015:
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of merit list of the entrance exam.
- Candidate will require minimum 50% marks belonging to General category including foreign candidates for the selection and 45% marks for the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / OBC & OPH candidates.
In the matter of selection, the decision of the Director, PGIMER Chandigarh shall be final.
PGIMER M.Sc. Nursing 2015 Interview/Counselling:
- Candidates will be invited for interview strictly in order of merit in the respective merit lists based on the marks obtained by them in the entrance exam.
- The number of Applicants to be called for the interview three times the total number of seats to be filled in each category from Applicants who fulfill the cut off points.
Last Updated - 20 May 2015