Interview by Pratyasha
Sri Miriyala Nara Hari Rao is designated as the Chairman of Guntur Engineering College (GEC). He has nearly 40 years of experience in running educational institutions and industries. Apart from this he is honorable Secretary for Sri Potti Sriramulu Sevasamithi, President for Oil Millers Association Guntur District, Secretary, State Edible Oil Dealers Association for Andhra Pradesh. He is an Active member in numerous service oriented organizations in Guntur District.
In an exclusive interview with collegedunia.com, Sri Rao talks about his journey in the education sector and what makes his college stand-out!
Journey from being an entrepreneur to being a Chairman
A man of boundless energy and ideas, I envisioned myself in the role of an entrepreneur in the Oil business. Within a few decades, through sheer hard work and determination, I decided to join education Industry. With considerable compassion and generosity, I am in immense pleasure in doing acts of charity for future generations.
Laborious makes one strong - View on challenges
There were many problems initially and there still are, but not to make that an excuse, I have to justify my students that I can be an inspiration to them. There were financial hurdles because of irregular reimbursement of fee from the government. Also, making sure that the faculty is well-trained with the industry standards is also one of the challenging tasks. Assuring the quality of the faculty as well as the infrastructure results in mushrooming for a better future of the students.
Read about GEC Courses & Fee
Curriculum exposing students to the global standards
The curriculum of our college ensures students to learn from those who have been in their shoe likes-
- MoU with ARC: This MOU is the first of its kind, and it will be of immense value addition to the students of Mechanical Engg. Under this MOU, Two/Three Faculty from the Mechanical Engg Dept will be deputed to Germany for training and they in turn train the students in the advanced Robotic industrial applications. Subsequently, the students who are trained in the Centre of Excellence can also visit Germany for further practical training.
- Dassault systems software-3D Experience Center: Dassault Systèmes is a multinational software company that specializes in 3D design and product lifecycle management (PLM) software in Germany, Our Students are fortune enough to understand western technology, and imply to our country.
- We also have Government tie-up for student projects with Andhra Pradesh Information technology academy (APITA)
- Guest lectures are arranged for the benefit of the students by inviting experts from various fields of specialization.
- The college aims to strengthen the industry-institution partnership to enhance entrepreneurial talent. A separate Industry Interaction and Research cell are constituted in the college.
Methods opted to ensure quality education at GEC
In the education sector, quality means the most. We, as administrators, must provide them with all the necessary facilities to cater to their needs. Guntur Engineering College conducts various curricular as well as co-curricular activities to achieve the same. It includes Video lectures by eminent IITs, workshops, group discussions, seminars, and many more.
Apart from this, there are industrial visits for the students to provide them with proper practical exposure to various subjects. Remedial classes are conducted for slow learners to bring them on par with the other students.
Establishing a relationship with the students
Teachers and students share a sacred relationship with each other. To build trust, I organize such activities to take the best from and out of my students. It is essential to understand their psyche and nature. We, at Guntur Engineering College, establish a friendly relationship by individually counseling students. This gives them a of self-assurance and makes them feel secured when they are around us.
Placement opportunities at Guntur College
GEC facilitates the process of placements for students passing out from the Institute besides collaborating with leading organizations and institutes. It sets up internship and training programs for the students and assures 100% placements for them.
Click here GEC Placement