The Department of Biotechnology has organised a 3-day National Conference by the name of “Biogenesis-VI: Synergy between Academia and Industry”. The event is scheduled from April 12 and 13, 2019. The main objective of the conference is to bring together eminent scientists, industry experts, academicians, and researchers to discuss innovations, challenges, and opportunities in the field of biotechnology.
The Chief Guest for the conference is Dr. Md. Aslam Alam, Director, DBT and MD, BIRAC and the keynote speaker is Dr. R.S. Sharma, Deputy Director and Head (RBMH), ICMR.
Objective of the Conference
Apart from the main objective given above, it also provides a platform for young scholars to present their research work and interact with the experts in the field of biotechnology. The conference will create awareness about ongoing research with discussions on practical experiences, innovative ideas and future prospects of research for academicians and students.
IILM Biogenesis Conference Themes
It also aims to discuss the current technological aspects and methodologies used in biotechnology covering thrust areas like -
- Food Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Environmental and Agricultural Biotechnology
- Biotechnology and Reproductive Biology
- Toxicology and Drug discovery
- Clinical Research and Medical Biotechnology
- Genetic Engineering and Transgenic Plants
- Genomics, Proteomics, and Bioinformatics
- Interface between Defense and Biotech Research
- Microbial Biotechnology
- Plant Biotechnology
- Animal Tissue Culture
- Bioinformatics and its applications
Registration for BIOGENESIS Conference
Young scholars or researches who wish to participate in the conference have to register before April 7, 2019. All the abstracts/ reviews and research papers must be sent via email to email@example.com.
Template of BIOGENESIS registration form
Tabulated below is the stipulated fee for registering:
|Categories||Before April 7, 2019||On-Spot|
|Participating Fees||INR 500||INR 800|
|Poster Presentation (Students)||INR 700||INR 1000|
|Oral Presentation (Students)||INR 1000||INR 1500|
|Oral Presentation (Academics/ Industry)||INR 1500||INR 2000|
Guidelines for documents
There are clear specifications for the research paper and poster making defined by the organizing committee. They are as follows:
Paper Submission Guidelines
- Abstract/ Review and Research Paper are invited for an oral/ poster presentation.
- Font Style – Times New Roman
- Font Size – 14 (Heading) and 12 for all other text
Poster Making Guidelines
- Poster size – 48 inch X 36 inch
- Content to be included: Introduction, Materials and Methods, Experimental Procedures, Results, Discussion, and Conclusion
Biogenesis is a Vision of the Biotechnology department, initiated to inculcate innovative research aptitude in young technocrats and foster their entrepreneurial outlook in the field of Biotechnology. It aims to bring esteemed Researchers, Academicians, Corporate Representatives, and Young Scholars on a common platform to share their views and develop a synchronized opinion to bridge the gap between academia, research, and industry.
Biogenesis-VI has the vision to bring Top researchers, corporate dignitaries and outstanding Academicians in the domain of Biotechnology on a common forum to ignite young minds of biotechnology towards high-quality research in myriad horizons.