Indian Institute of Geomagnetism is inviting application for its leading PhD courses for the academic year 2017 – 18.
- Admission in Indian Institute of Geomagnetism will be done on the merit basis.
- Candidates have to apply by filling application form available from the website to download.
- Candidates can send the application form till June 9, 2017.
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism is one of the leading and recognized center for research. It is a center for various universities in subjects specified:
- University of Mumbai (Physics)
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur(Physics)
- North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon (Physics, Applied Geology, Environmental Science)
- SRTM University, Nanded (Geophysics, Environmental Science)
- Andhra University, Visakhapatanam (Physics & Geophysics)
- Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli (Physics)
- NIT Warangal (Mathematics)
There are total 13 seats
Scholarship will be available for JRF/SRF candidates as per the UGC/CSIR rules.
IIG Mumbai PHD Admission 2017 Eligibility
- Candidates who have done MSc/MSc (Tech.) in Physics/Atmospheric Physics/Space Phyisics/Geophysics/Applied Geology/Applied Mathematics with atleast 60% marks throughout. They must have Physics/chemistry/mathematics as subjects in their B.Sc.
- INSPIRE candidates having qualified PET or equivalent examination from the University of Mumbai (Physics), Shivaji University, Kolhapur (Physics), North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon (Physics, Applied Geology, Environmental Science), SRTM University, Nanded (Geophysics, Environmental Science), Andhra University, Visakhapatanam (Physics & Geophysics), Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli (Physics) and NIT Warangal (Applied Mathematics) can also apply.
- Candidates those who are in final year of their master’s program are also eligible to apply.
Maximum Age: 25 Years as on July 1, 2017
IIG Mumbai PHD Admission 2017 Selection Process
Candidates those who have qualified GATE/NET/INSPIRE whose score is valid upto January 2018. Candidate must have qualified in Subject Code 2 (Earth,Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Science)/Subject Code 4 (Mathematics)/Subject Code 5 (Physical Science)/PET from above mentioned university will be directly called for interview.
Candidates who have not qualified any of the above mentioned exam will have to give test and the interview conducted by IIG.
IIG Mumbai PHD Admission 2017 Application Procedure
- Candidates have to download application from the official website
- Candidates have to fill the application form
- Candidate have to submit application form along with self attested copies of certificate.
- Candidates have to send Application form with certificate by post to the Admin. Co-ordinator, Indian Institute of Geomagnetism, Plot-5, Sector 18, Near Kalamboli Highway, New Panvel (W), Navi Mumbai-410218
- Application must be covered with sealed envelope and with “Application for JRF”.
- Last date to reach application is June 9, 2017.
IIG Mumbai PHD Admission 2017 Contact
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism,
Plot – 5, Sector – 18, Kalmaboli Highway,
Navi Mumbai- 410218 (Maharashtra)
Website www.iigm.res.inLast Updated - 02 Jun 2017