Dr. Sandeep Tiwari is currently working as the Director at Krishna Engineering College, Ghaziabad. He holds a teaching experience of more than 19 years along with 5 years of industry experience. The academician has previously held important positions and onerous responsibilities such as Prof. & Head of M.E. Dept. & then Director Research and Professor at Accurate Institute of Management and Technology Greater Noida. Thus, it does not come as a surprise with plethora of experience to his name.
How has the developmental shift happened in the education sector?
When I think about what has pinned me to the education sector then I would sum it up into a simple line that “Education is the key to development. It is integrated with the social aspirations of our country.”
Today, Educators like me in India have an opportunity to make a bold departure from their unquestioning allegiance to an outdated, stale curriculum without relevance to the life of the country. A new development-oriented curriculum can be drawn up which stresses that aspect of each subject -- be it history, economics, psychology, sociology, agriculture or engineering science -- which relates to the phenomenon of development and its expressions in social life.
Principles and Beliefs govern our actions and direction
When I think of a philosophy in general, it is the set of principles and beliefs that govern our actions and direction. It is made up of many different pieces that are all intertwined, guiding us through various situations. So, a leadership philosophy is made up of the core principles that govern the actions of a leader. Not only what they do, but also the vision that they set and the policies they put in place to guide others.
I would describe my leadership style as direct and leading by example. The key underlying principles for my philosophy are:
- Set the vision
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Motivate and inspire my faculties, staff, and students
- Give continuous feedback and recognition
Putting emphasis on Extra Curricular and Co-Curricular Activities
In Krishna Engineering College, various Co-Curricular and Extra-Curricular activities are organized quite often, along with the regular Academic activities. Students are continuously encouraged and inspired to participate in these various activities to ensure the overall development of the students. Few of them are listed below -
- TECHNO TRENDZ, ELECTROPHILA, NIRMAAN, SPARTANS, MIND OPTIMIZERS are the technical clubs that provide a platform for KEC students to organize and conduct technical and brainstorming events.
- Industrial Tours: KEC organizes industrial visits for different college departments as per their specialization. The students are skilled through workshops, seminars, and various guest lecturers are held to prepare them for placements.
- Aptitude and Soft skills training: At KEC, the emphasis is placed on the all-round development of the students thereby, equipping them to deal with challenges after graduating. Training helps our students to increase their employability potential and face challenges of the present times.
And many more activities like Cultural, Sports, Literary Fests are also organised on regular intervals.
Education beyond classroom boundaries
Being one of the best engineering colleges in Ghaziabad, KEC has recognized that education can go beyond the boundaries. Our well-maintained campus provides a sense of persistent vision, stability, and management. Besides classroom training, the college emphasizes intensive interactions between students and mentors and provides excellent facilities, such as technology-enabled classrooms, seminar halls, auditorium, industry internship interaction and much more.
Read about Krishna Engineering College Courses & Fees
Curriculum is made with precision and effectively promulgated by faculty members
We have carefully crafted the Teaching-Learning modules in line with the University curriculum, which is binding on all students in the process of course completion. This is effectively promulgated by highly qualified and well-experienced faculty members.
Secondly, a significant number of Value-Aided programs have been introduced to comprehensively impart knowledge in different domains of Technology, along with hands-on practice in related projects. This has been done by establishing exclusive Cells, which are successfully curated by the Senior Faculty members.
- Value Added Courses: Circuit Designing Course, ROBOTICS Course, AUTOCAD and STAAD PRO, etc..
- Skill Development courses: IC Engine, CNC Lathe Machine, and Advance Welding Technology, Digital Image Processing, VLSI Technology etc.
- Centre of Excellence: “Industrial Automation” Associated With Panasonic “SOLIDWORKS” Associated With SOLID WORK, Texas Innovation Lab, Integrated Circuit Lab,etc.
The diversity helps to grow the students
Each student brings something new and distinct to the college like world views, backgrounds, experiences, cultural contexts, personalities, etc. Broadly speaking, diversity refers to a state in which there are many different forms present - in terms of people, ideas, preferences, styles, etc.
The outstanding teaching and research facilities, coupled with our practical and forward-thinking approach, provides a distinctive and high-quality academic experience. This helps to develop the skills and knowledge of the students, thereby allowing a smooth transition from academic setup to the portals of the industry.
Defining the Roles & Responsibilities towards college and students
By allowing these overarching principles to guide students, students embrace responsibility and make choices that lead to college success.
- Uphold the values of honesty and academic integrity.
- Arrive on time and prepare for all classes, meetings, academic activities, and special events.
- Give attention to quality and excellence in completing assignments.
- Allot sufficient time to fulfill responsibilities outside class.
- Observe etiquette in all communications, giving respect to instructors, fellow students, staff and the larger college community.
- Take full advantage of college resources available to you.
- Achieve educational goals in an organized, committed, and proactive manner.
- Comply with all college policies.
We are transparent when it comes to the flow of information
KEC being one of the best engineering colleges in Ghaziabad, there is nothing about us which we would like to hide from people. Nevertheless, we are proud in all our doings and actions to make our students industry ready, we constantly expand the repertoire of skills for our college students.
Click here Krishna Engineering College Placement
Establishing Healthy Environment and Relations
KEC will strive to build up and nurture excellence through:
- The best quality of foundation knowledge and core concepts of engineering
- A set of soft skills needed from time to time in a dynamic milieu
- A cross cultural awareness and adaptability as a global player
- Maximum exposure to enrich our scholars’ practical aspects of engineering
- Scientific visibility in perpetual progress and permanent research
You are setting on a journey that is greater and exciting
Set a career goal and do your best to achieve it! You are setting on a journey that is greater and more exciting than any other journey you will ever make.
Like any other journey, make a list of all the things that you need to carry with you. Your list must include all the habits like determination, patience, hard work, inner strength and willpower. Avoid procrastinating when possible. If you have these with you, then you can achieve greatness.
Make the world your playground of learning. Be the best you!