Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) Program in Power Management has been announced by the National Power Training Institute, Faridabad. Admission to the course will be based on the CAT score of the candidate.
The program is approved by AICTE and is affiliated to Maharishi Dayanand University (MDU), Rohtak. This is a 2 Year (4 Semester) program, first year will be common to all and the basics of management will be taught. While in the second year compulsory subjects from the areas of power management will be discussed. There are other courses available at the institute, here are the details of more courses offered at NPTI Faridabad for the session of 2016.
Important dates for MBA Program at NPTI Faridabad:
Last date for receipt of application forms
March 18, 2016
Short-listed candidates for GD and PI
March 22, 2016
GD and PI
April 5 & 6, 2016
Shortlisted candidates for Counseling
April 18, 2016
May 2, 2016
August 5, 2016
Third Couseling (in case of vacant seats)
August 31, 2016
Commencement of Program
August 1, 2016
NPTI Faridabad MBA Program Eligibility Criteria:
- All candidates (excludingsponsored category) are required to appear for CAT 2015 orMAT 2015 or CMAT 2016 Examination.
- Applying candidate (including sponsored candidates) must have obtained B.E. /B.Tech./B.Sc. (Engineering) in any branch of Engineering or any other exam recognized as equivalent by M.DUniversity. The candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in all the semester or equivalent CGPA.
- For SC/ST candidates; minimum passing marks (or equivalent CGPA) are required.
- Candidates who have appeared in the CAT 2015 or MAT 2015 or CMAT are only eligible to apply.
- Candidates appearing in the final year/semester Examination can also apply.
Note: Graduate Engineers sponsored by various Central PSUs, Private Power Companies, State Electricity Boards/Power Utilities and allied energy sectors and Engineering Colleges who meet the above eligibility conditions are eligible for admission to this Course. The candidates should bring with them the proof of their sponsorship. CAT/MAT/CMAT Score is not a requirement for these Sponsored Category students.
NPTI Faridabad MBA in Power Management 2016 Application Process:
- The Prospectus along with the application form is available on the official website of the institute. the steps to download the application form are as follow:
- Go to the official website of the institute.
- On the right side, in the ‘New Uploads’ section, click on ‘Applications Invited for MBA(Power Management) 2016-18’ and the other two options below it.
- The prospectus, application form and information brochure will open on new tabs in pdf format.
- Read all the instructions carefully and then click on the link given on the bottom of the page and you will be redirected to the application form.
- Fill the form completely, incomplete forms will be rejected, summarily.
- Application form should be sent along with a crossed Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST & Rs. 250/- for Haryana SC/ST candidates) in favor of National Power Training Institute payable at Faridabad and sent to:
The Principal (Management Studies),
National Power Training Institute,
NPTI Complex, Sector-33,
Faridabad 121003, Haryana.
Incomplete applications and applications received after the last date shall be rejected without any notice. NPTI shall not be responsible for any postal delay.
NPTI Faridabad MBA Program 2016 Admission Procedure:
Admission to the program at NPTI, Faridabad for sponsored and no-sponsored candidate will have two separate merit list or will be done on separate criteria. All the candidates will have to go through GD and PI. Here are the details:
- Merit List(s): Merit will be the only criteria for admission to MBA (Power Management) program.
- Merit list(s) for Non-Sponsored seats:
- 70 percent marks of the total scores obtained by the candidates in the CAT or MAT or CMAT Examination.
- Marks obtained by the candidates in Group Discussion (Max 20 Marks)
- Marks obtained by the candidates in Personal Interview (Max 10 Mark)
NPTI Faridabad MBA Program 2016 Counseling:
- The Candidates shall be called for first Counseling as per merit order, which shall be held at NPTI Corporate Office at Faridabad on May 2, 2016
- The successful candidates will have to deposit the admission fees and hostel fee as per rules of the University/Institute on the date of the counseling
- All the original documents will have to be submitted for verification to the Counseling Board
- In case of any vacant seats, the 2nd & 3rd counseling will be held on August 5, 2016 & August 31, 2016 respectively
- Candidates called for Counselling are advised to bring Demand Drafts of the requisite amount in favor of “National Power Training Institute” payable at Faridabad
For all future inquiries:
The Principal (Management Studies)
National Power Training Institute,
Sector - 33, Faridabad-121 003 (Haryana)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgLast Updated - 08 Dec 2015