Saveetha Engineering College is an autonomous body affiliated to Anna University and approved by AICTE. It is the topmost engineering college, having a strong alumni base, the college is dedicated to empowering its students in the best way possible. Every day, the campus of SEC is buzzing with some event or another. Read on to know the latest happenings, news and more –
Cambridge University Press signs MoU with Saveetha Engineering College
Date: September 26, 2019
Cambridge University Press, UK inaugurated its new Global Language Proficiency facility at Saveetha Engineering College (SEC) recently. The main aim of this facility is to train the students to master the language to international standards in the field of Engineering and Technology and obtain International Level Professional and Business Certification (BEC). BEC certification is recognized globally in corporates all around the world and supports in Overseas and Domestic placements.
The MoU for establishing the Center was signed by Dr. N.M. Veeraiyan, President, SEC & Chancellor of Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Science and Mr. Angus Oliver, Global Director of Cambridge University Press.
Dr. Veeraiyan said this initiative will not only help the students of SEC but also students from colleges in the whole region to reach greater heights in their Professional Career. Internationally recognized courses like BEC will expand the students’ mind and give confidence to Dream Big as advised by none other than APJ Abdul Kalam.
Mr. Oliver mentioned that he is honored to be associated with reputed Institution like Saveetha Engineering College which will help student community in this part of India to enhance the Employability of students in India and Abroad.
Dr. S. Rajesh, Director, Saveetha Engineering said that Autonomous Status has helped SEC to adopt Fully Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FFCBCS) with the philosophy to create socially, ecologically mindful “LIFE LONG LEARNERS” by imparting 21 st CENTURY SKILLS through INDUCTIVE LEARNING. Internationally recognised courses like BEC will boost self-confidence of the students and become more adaptable and flexible to the international market.
Saveetha Engineering College adopts Finland Model of Engineering Education in India
Date: September 06, 2019
Saveetha Engineering College introduced a revolutionary teaching ecosystem design based on Finland education model for the first time India. This new model, also known as MILA – Multiple Integrated Learning Algorithms, provides students with multiple options to make their learning process more effective, interactive and more understandable.
Prof. A.K Prakash Mittal, Member Secretary in AICTE proposed the new Finland model during a formal ceremony hosted by the college. During the event, he formally handed over the certificate of Autonomous status to Dr. N.M Veeraiyan, Founder and Chancellor of SEC.
Read about Saveetha College of Engineering
Unique features of the new paradigm are –
- Removal of boredom and drudgery work of long monologue lectures only.
- Less is more: The syllabus will be fine-tuned with less content and in-depth learning.
- Small Class Concept: Only 30 students in a class at Saveetha against 60 students in other colleges and this will automatically facilitate better interaction between faculty and students
- Entirely Flexible Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)
- Choose and Learn: Students has the liberty to choose not only the Subjects but the Faculty as well.
- Learner Centric Model: The focus is on the level of the learners-A differential treatment based on the capabilities to empower all active roles of students to learn.
- Support to Learner: This is the key role of the faculty at Saveetha Engineering College support, inspire, guide, facilitate, and help students to accomplish on their merit – faculty just a facilitator and motivator.
- Barriers to Learning Demolished: The new system at Saveetha removes physical, attitudinal, and pedagogical obstacles.
- Industry Mentors an integral part of the process: Every department has visiting and adjunct faculty are drawn from industry and slots allotted for industry-oriented teaching and mentoring every day!
- Industry Revolution 4.0 and 21st Century Skills: Orientation to adopt industry revolution 4.0 and impart 21st-century skills
- Informality between faculty and students: Bridging the gap between the teacher and the student by bringing in informality in their relations inappropriate manner.
- Empowered Faculty: 150 faculty members got trained by IITfor effective teaching, AICTE sponsored training for 15 days for 40 Faculty and IUCEE training for 100 faculty members – Total training input of 10,000 training hours.
- Holistic Personalities: Emphasis on Arts, Theatre, Heritage, Nationalism, Creativity, Social Service, Environmental Evangelism.
Click here SEC Courses & Fee
Prof A.K Prakash Mittal said that “The colleges and universities must change and adopt new methods like Saveetha engineering college. Also stressed that the institutions must embrace Change in Technology for survival, relevance, and growth. Faculty members should be updated and more efficient to become a role model to develop the future generations of the nation.”
Dr. N M Veeraiyan, Founder and Chancellor Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Science said that “We were getting complaints from the corporate corridors as ‘engineering students are not Industry ready and not employable’ and there is a big gap between academia and industry to bridge this gap we introduced this model of education to develop the skills among the students and make them industry-ready.”
Dr. Badri Seshadri, Managing Director, SynProSoft, the guest of honour of the event said, “With Autonomy, Saveetha College can offer a responsive and industry-oriented curriculum delivered by dedicated faculty using modern teaching techniques.”