6th December 2017, Pune: A long-running tradition in Sri Balaji Society since the last 15 years, ‘Drishti’ was celebrated in the first week of December 2017 in the Society’s campus.
A massive drumming up campaign was created for Drishti on the social media and on the internet with more than a thousand five hundred people ‘liking’ and sharing the content with their friends and relatives, increasing its interest in the online world. With innovative ideas such as the deployment of ‘QR Codes’ for downloading information related to the competition and the events, this year’s Drishti has formed an aura of uniqueness around itself.
In an interesting twist, the four institutes of Sri Balaji Society: Balaji Institute of Modern Management, (BIMM), Balaji Institute of Telecom Management (BITM), Balaji Institute of International Business (BIIB) and Balaji Institute of Management and Human Resources Development (BIMHRD) would not be participating in the event this year, instead they will play the part of the organizers assisting BIMHRD which has taken the onus of managing this prestigious event from start to finish, ensuring its success.
This year, the spectacle was on an epic scale with participants coming from various fields and corners of Pune and the country with 16 colleges competing on the various arena-filling the stands with fans all vying to raise their voices to the sky cheering for their own teams as they fought on in the spirit of good sportsmanship for the top prize. List of colleges participating in the various events of Drishti:
- St. Vincent College of Commerce
- Balaji College of Arts Commerce and Science
- Anjuman Khairul Islam's Pune College of Arts, Science and Commerce
- Balaji Law College
- International School of Business and Media
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar College
- Indira College of Commerce and Science
- Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey College of Education, Pune
- Suryadatta Institute of Management
- P. Jog College of Science & Commerce
- Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce, Pune
- Pratibha Institute of Business Management
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology School of Management
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology College of Management
- Dr. D.Y.Patil Medical College
- Symbiosis Institue of Arts and Commerce
The events of Drishti test the mettle of the metal of the participants’ sportsmanship skills, talent and business acumen. Mere words are not enough to describe the spirit of sportsmanship and competitiveness as they gave their all in competing in the three different categories of events in Drishti, namely:
- Folk dance
- Western dance
- Rock band
- Stand-up Comedy
- Kuch Anokha
- Street play
- Singing (Solo)
- Fashion show
- LAN Gaming (Counterstrike 1.6 and Need For Speed)
- Table tennis
Udyogneeti(Corporate and Business events)
- Business Quiz
- Business Plan
The event was catered by various brands such as Cheesiano Pizza, Doritos and other fast food and ice cream shops and played an important role in Drishti as they sated the hunger and thirst of the participants, re-energizing them to give their best in their events.
Apart from the cash prizes: INR 1,00,000 for the winners, and INR 50,000 and 25,000 for the first and second runners up, the participants were competing for the untarnished honor of ‘victory’ and glory for their institutes, friends, and family members.