Fortune Institute of International Business (FIIB New Delhi) is ranked 21 among the top Pvt. B-Schools in India. Since its inception in 1995, the institute has devoted itself to rediscover and reinvent the MBA education in India. Every day at FIIB is an eventful one, the campus is buzzing with some or the other activities or events. Read on to know the latest happenings at the top B-School!
Don’t let the lockdown pause your MBA dream
Date: April 02, 2020
We hope that all is well in your family and everyone is safe and healthy. These are indeed challenging times for all of us due to the lockdown and the Coronavirus pandemic. But as we all understand, life must go on, and it certainly will go on, we just need to prepare ourselves better to cope with these extraordinary circumstances and do things more carefully and considerately. The lockdown phase shall pass off, and it should in no way pause your MBA dream. You don’t really need to wait for things to get back to normal to pursue your MBA journey in the academic year 2020-21. All you need to do is to just call us and we’ll promptly organize your filling of Application Form and Selection Interview online from the safety and comfort of your home itself.
We would also like to assure you that at FIIB we are taking all the required precautions and steps in these trying times to stay safe and yet fully functional. All our faculty and staff are working from home in a coordinated manner. Classes, project presentations, admission and placement administrative work, etc. are all being taken care of using the available new technology supports. We plan, and are focused preparing ourselves, to be on our feet and ready to start the upcoming academic session in time as things stabilize.We urge you to also stay focused on your academic and career pursuit in the meantime, and be ready to start your career building journey with full enthusiasm when the right time comes.
FIIB and Burgundy School of Business organizes 5th International Management Conference
Date: December 16, 2019
Fortune Institute of International Business (FIIB), New Delhi, along with Burgundy School of Business, France, is set to organize an international conference that aims to contribute to this restoration by motivating the stakeholders through their 5th edition of International Management Conference (IMC). It is a flagship event on the Advances in Management through Research, Innovation & Technology (AMRIT). The event will have 20 management experts, from academia and industry, from countries spanning the globe, i.e. Australia, France, India, Kuwait, Nepal, New Zealand, Portugal, and the USA, who will address the agenda of research, innovation, and technology and inspire the audience towards bettering the management education and practices.
Appreciated and loved by a wide spectrum of stakeholders, i.e. the communities of academics, researchers, policymakers, industry-practitioners and experts, and thought leaders, IMC has been able to carve a niche and create a space for itself through its meaningful existence of about five years, forging a strong relationship with its stakeholders. Advancing the cause of research in management education and practices, innovation and technology, the 5th edition of IMC will be another milestone for FIIB in its collaborative journey of excellence. The event will include a number of technical sessions and a panel discussion. Uniglobe College (Nepal), University of Ruhana (Sri Lanka), and Sa-Dhan (India), have partnered with FIIB (India) and Burgundy School of Business (France), in organizing this international conference.
Distinguished speakers and resource persons on the occasion include Prof. Shyam S. Lodha (Southern Connecticut State University, USA), Dr. Arvind Ashta (Burgundy School of Business, France), Dr. Radhe S. Pradhan (Uniglobe College, Nepal), Dr. P. Satish (Executive Director, Sa-Dhan, India), Prof. (Dr.) Justin Paul (University of Puerto Rico, USA) and many more.
Redefining the Future of Work @HR Conclave 2019
Date: October 20, 2019
As the conventional workplace is experiencing a major transformation and new-gen employees demand more autonomy and meaning from the work they do, it is becoming increasingly important for business leaders to embrace modern workplace etiquettes and skills that will help them in today’s age of AI and automation. With the intention to set this agenda in its ecosphere and to catch a whiff of the technology that is intuitive, powerful and aligned to the future needs of the workplace, FIIB organised an HR Conclave recently with the theme “AI and The Future of Work” at its campus.
A total of five experts from the corporate world shared their views on the steadily changing landscape of work, including Mr. Vikram Malik, Technical Project Manager, Wavenet Technologies; Ms. Devosmita Pal, Learning and Development Expert, Grofers India Pvt Ltd.; Mr. Atish Bhattacharya, Deputy General Manager-HR, Greenlam Industries Ltd.; Ms. Charu Sharma, OD Expert, Infogain; and Mr. Deepnarayan Tripathi, Head Organization & Capability Development, Lenskart Solutions Pvt Ltd.
Key takeaways from the conclave:
- The industry is moving towards smart solutions and the masses who don’t evolve with it won’t survive in the long-run. “Don’t bear AI, just accept it and evolve in it accordingly. If you don’t evolve, then you will evaporate,” said Mr. Vikram Malik.
- It is not hidden from anyone that organizations are investing heavily in technology-based and cloud-based HR solutions resulting in advancements of techniques. “We are the mind and working capital behind the evolving technology which brings better utilization in the industry. Let’s accept all the changes with open hands,” said Ms. Devosmita Pal.
- Mr. Deepnarayan Tripathi addressed the students and made them aware of the fact that the only group who can take human touch away from our lives is human and not technology. “The more you practice it, the more you talk about it and the more you get equipped with it, there’s no way that technology can take the human touch away from humans,” he concluded with his speech.
- Using technology to understand behaviors and decision making better, embracing the power of storytelling and defining brand traditions and culture are some of the ways that can help a company connect the hard-to-measure people data to business strategies. “The machine is going to take over but not the empathy part but only the connect part,” said Mr. Atish Bhattacharya.
- While the largest generation in the workforce today aka millennials expect a positive workplace culture, well-being programs and flexibility in terms of location and time, the organizations, on the other hand, expect their employees to imbibe the corporate training and convert their learnings into a profitable, growth-oriented ladder that fulfills aspirations in a mutually beneficial manner. “There is nothing that we can’t learn as a human that machines can, we are also enabled to learn by those machines,” said Ms. Charu Sharma.
The panel discussion concluded with a question-answer round and suggestions that will help them develop their skills and personalities to leverage the efficiencies of a technology-driven modern business world. The event not only brought out the spirit of teamwork and collaboration among the budding managers-leaders at FIIB but also made a transformational change in every student’s understanding of the likely evolution of the modern workplaces.
Relieve, Reboot, and Relive at the Second Edition of TEDxFIIB
Date: September 9, 2019
FIIB unveiled its second edition of TEDxFIIB recently to continue the tradition of sharing thought-provoking ideas, with the theme Relieve, Reboot, and Relive. TEDxFIIB welcomed a diverse set of 9 intriguing speakers, The face of Indian football, a renowned TV anchor, the founder of India's largest dental clinic chain, first craft gin distiller from India, a zealous runner and teacher, a budding author and policy entrepreneur, a curious salesman, an innovator and data monetization strategist, and a curator of euphonic Yoga who spoke on equally diverse shades of relieve, reboot, and relive from personal examples and anecdotes. Encompassing the spirit of letting go, change the mindset, and move forward the event taught how one can always choose the life they want to live.
Read about FIIB Courses & Fee
Speakers included Bhaichung Bhutia, Former Captain of Indian Football,Sarah Jacob, Renowned Journalist, Amarinder Singh, Founder of Clove Dental Clinics, Tanya Agarwal, Runner and CEO of wellthyfit.com, Anand Virmani,CEO of Nao Spirits, Shweta Homji, CEO of Cartedo Corporation, Manan Joshi, Head - Global Sales (HEXA), SILVERPUSH, Vivan Marwaha, Author and Policy Entrepreneur, Shruti ChaturLal Sharma, Curator at Euphonic Yoga and her Divine Dance. Entertainment acts by FIIB talent – Jhankar (Harshit Kaur, Chahat Agarwal, Pallabi Medhi) and The Vibe (Ashutosh Swarnakar, Tanmay Saha, Raja Ganapathy Sethuraman, Manish Chhattani, Khusbhoo Bara, Tanya Sinha, Libi Manuel, and Pallabi Medhi) the show was hosted by FIIB students (Shirly Rex, Bhavya Kalra, and Shreya). It was a day filled with introspection, humor, and passion. Students got to learn that you need to close one chapter to open a new one to discover what’s in store for them.