Delhi, April 27, 2019: FIIB, a B-School that keeps pace with the industry needs as well as the academic innovations, celebrated its 23rd convocation ceremony. It was a huge moment of pride for institute to congratulate the graduating batch and honor the hard work and dedication with which they have earned a business degree.
The celebration began with a welcome speech by Ms. Radhika Shrivastava, Executive Director, FIIB. After that, the students were addressed by Mr. Syed Safawi, Business Transformation Leader, Technology Investor, and Philanthropist who attended the event as a chief guest. Anuj Kaura, Product Head (Transportation), Amazon India, from Senior Alumnus batch 1998, congratulated the graduating batch and spoke encouraging words to prepare the students for the exciting corporate journey ahead of them.
Executive Director Ms. Radhika Shrivastava:
“The last two years at FIIB is a beautiful movie called My MBA, directed by your faculties, supported by your fellow mates, and written with some priceless feelings of excitement and nervousness,” said Ms. Radhika Shrivastava while addressing the graduating batch. She further advised students to relive the moments of happiness, challenge their potential, and be handy with the knowledge they have when they step out in the real world. She congratulated students for their accomplishments and showed never-ending support to them by saying, “You are ours and we are yours.” She urged the graduating students not to quest for speedy career growth as professional life is very long and your focus should always be on long-term goals. She ended her speech by encouraging students to practice the habit of achievement and thanked them for respecting and embracing what FIIB has offered.
Chief Guest Mr. Syed Safawi:
He encouraged students to take control of their lives and strive hard to be whomever they wanted to be. He consistently advised students to focus on their career goal and do whatever possible to make India a happiness capital of the world. He further shared his experience and gave three-pointers for success: Be adaptive with the upcoming technology, Be ready to re-skill yourself without stressing, and be balanced enough to create a democratic and happy society.
At last, he ended his speech by saying, “You make a living by what you get, and you make a life by what you give” and advised budding students to start giving back to the society as much as you can.
Senior Alumnus Mr. Anuj Kaura
Mr. Anuj Kaura began his speech with thanking FIIB and Mr. R.K. Shrivastava, Founder, FIIB for challenging his potential, nourishing his skills, and providing meaningful opportunities to him. Highlighting the importance of this particular day, he said today as you leave these gates and re-enter society, one thing is certain i.e., you get to drive growth and bring change in the communities you live and professions you work at.
Highlights of Batch 2017-19:
- 173 FIIB Racers were awarded the diploma for their exemplary performance in the PGDM program during the 23rd Convocation of FIIB
- Ankita Joshi, a student of batch 2017-2019, was awarded the prestigious R. K. Shrivastava – All Rounder Award this year. Other students who struggled hard and made it possible to be in the limelight were Chetanya Tania, awarded the Presidential Gold Medal; Ruchika Sharma awarded President Silver Medal.
- Racers who won a gold medal in domain areas were Ankita Joshi, Finance Area Topper; Chetanya Tania, Marketing Area Topper; Chitrakshi Bhutani, Marketing Area Topper; Pinky Aggarwal, HR Area Topper; Niharika Bohre, Operations Area Topper.
- FIIB students have entered the workforce through leading firms like Ernst & Young, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, L&T Financial services, Asian Paints, Swiggy, Grofers.com, ITC Ltd., Reliance Jio, S&P Global, Indigo Airlines, Federal Bank Ltd., OYO Rooms etc., to name a few
- FIIB Final placement of 2017-18 saw robust Growth in a number of recruiters, a wide variety of profiles on offer and in terms of the compensations. The profiles offered on campus included Research, Sales, Digital Marketing, Finance, Analytics and Operations.
- Maximum profiles offered in IT & E-Commerce (24%), BFSI & Financial Consulting (20%), Consulting & Research (15%), Logistics & Aviation (6%)
Highlighting the efforts made by students in the past two years, Dr. Anil Sinha, Director, FIIB thanked FIIB family, including the students and their parents for making the graduating batch a successful reality.