Hyderabad, August 9, 2019: An Outbound Training (OBT) program was held from August 6 to 8, 2018 at GITAM HBS. The aim of the program was to improve interaction and enhance managerial and leadership skills among the newly admitted MBA students.
GITAM HBS, a constituent of GITAM (Deemed to be University), Hyderabad has a unique way of inducting new joiners into the MBA stream. A three-day outbound management games based learning is facilitated as a part of an induction program. The OBT brings all the new students together in a way that is not possible in the classroom. The bonding, the understanding and working together is encapsulated in such a way that it creates an atmosphere of learning and sets the platform for the years ahead. The professional trainers from the organization Krushar conducted this training program.
The OBT helped students overcome their inhibitions and interact with other students freely. Some games were conducted through which management related messages were explained, such as how students can perform effectively in teams and steps to attain leadership skills to lead teams. Some messages that students imbibed through this experiential learning included:
- The right person should be placed in the right position after knowing one’s strengths and weaknesses.
- All the team members should make an equal effort so that planned objectives can be met. Everyone must go with the flow.
- Sometimes smart work is very useful rather than hard work. Students have to understand the problems, analyze processes and apply required methods and techniques. Only using physical strength is not sufficient to achieve certain objectives.
- Patience is an essential element and we must never give up on any task.
- Sometimes a stage comes in teamwork or any project when we have to not only move forward but should also be prepared to move backward.