8th June 2018, Hyderabad: ICFAI Business School (IBS) Hyderabad won the 1st prizes in all the three tracks in the prestigious 2018 Oikos Case Writing Competition, organized by Oikos International, Switzerland. Putting the success in perspective, Dr. Debapratim Purkayastha, Dean, IBS Case Research Center, said, “IBS Hyderabad made a clean sweep of all the First Prizes while competing with globally reputed schools such as Harvard University, INSEAD, Babson College, and so on. This is the best ever performance by any B-school in the history of this prestigious competition!”
Details of prize-winning cases:
- The case “Eliminating Modern Slavery from Supply Chains: Can Nestlé Lead the Way?” by Syeda Maseeha Qumer and Debapratim Purkayastha won the First prize in the Corporate Sustainability track.
- The case “Jaipur Rugs –Empowering Communities at the Bottom of the Pyramid through Social Innovation” by Syeda Maseeha Qumer and Geeta Singh won the First prize in the Social Entrepreneurship track.
- The case “Can Barry Callebaut Attract Sustainable Investment with its 'Forever Chocolate' Strategy?” by Debapratim Purkayastha, Benudhar Sahu and Trilochan Tripathy (XLRI), won the First prize in the Sustainable Finance track.
- The Second prize in the track also went to the ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad case “Saudi Aramco” by Alok Kavthankar and Indu Perepu.
- ICFAI Business School Hyderabad also won the Runner Up position for the case “Babban Gona’s Agri-Franchising Model: Scaling up Challenges” by Manish Agarwal and D Satish.
- ICFAI Business School, Gurgaon also won the Runner Up position for the case “Employee Diversity at High Beam Global: An Inclusive Approach” by Reshmi Manna, Richa Bajpai and Ankit Singh (Pantaloons, India).
For complete details on the winners, you can click here.Last Updated - 08 Jun 2018