SDMIMD completes 100% placement of PGDM 2017-19, well ahead of the course completion. The students have been placed in varied roles - Management Trainee, Consultant, Business Analyst, Credit Analyst, Market Intelligence Analyst, Area Manager, Regional Area Sales Manager, and more. A total of 46 leading companies visited the campus so far for final placements. With only two months to go for the completion of program, all eligible students are placed at an average salary of Rs. 7.2 lakhs with Rs.9 lakhs being the highest salary.
Apart from the companies that continue to repose their trust in SDMIMD, the highlight of the current placement season is that over 15 new companies have shown their interest in hiring our students. The companies that have visited the campus are from diverse sectors - Manufacturing, Information Technology, Banking, and Financial Services, FMCG, Start-ups, Consulting & Analytics and many more. Banking and Financial Services sector hired the highest number of students followed by the Information Technology companies.
It has been a stupendous performance by our students, wherein the Institute has seen marquee companies visiting the campus and vying for our talents. A few of the top companies from different sectors that have hired our students through campus placements this year include -
- Infosys, Oracle, Mindtree, Morgan Stanley, State Street from IT/ ITES
- HDFC, Federal Bank, ICICI Bank, Mahindra Finance, Anand Rathi, ICICI Securities from BFSI
- Ujjivan SF Bank, Suryoday SF Bank, ESAF SF Bank, Bharat Financial Inclusion, Samasta Microfinance, Spandana Sphoorty, Svatantra from small finance bank/ micro-finance
- L’Oreal, Berger, Marico and Café Coffee Day from Consumer/ FMCG
- Schneider Electric, Schindler, Core-el Technologies from manufacturing
- EY, Feedback Consulting, Odessa Technologies from Consulting
- OYO Rooms, Pyrox from start-up space
The consistent placement achievement was made possible due to the exhaustive and intensive activities that the students are put through during their two year PGDM course at SDMIMD. These include:
- High level of academic rigour
- Opportunity to learn beyond the boundaries through summer internships programs, live projects, applied research, international student exchange programs and more.
- Imbibing of leadership skills through participation in management fests conducted by premier institutions, organizing and participating in seminars/ conferences and participation in activities of over twenty clubs/ associations at the Institute.
- Sensitization to society through the socially relevant project and center for development studies.
- Placement preparation program that guides and mentors the students to seek and get careers of their choice.
As part of PGDM, apart from the contemporary core courses, the students are able to choose their specializations – Marketing, Finance, Operations, Systems, Business Analytics, and Human Resources Management. A large number of courses get offered under each stream encompassing all contemporary topics and in keeping with changing practices in leading B-schools the world over.