KLE S Nijalingappa College, established in the year 1963, has earned significant plaudits over the last 50 years of its presence. Having been accredited with ‘A’ grade in 2004, re-accredited with ‘A’ Grade -in 2010 and re-accredited with A + Grade by NAAC in 2016 with a CGPA of 3.53 on a 4point scale; KLE received the status ‘College with Potential for Excellence’ (CPE) in 2010 and 2014 by UGC; a rare feat achieved by only a handful of top-ranking colleges in India.
One of the many courses offered by KLE College is BCA. It was started in the year 2000 with a vision to make students employable in IT industry wherein both human values and technology are well-blended. “Smart classes and close mentoring relationships between students and faculty” is more than a mere tagline at KLE BCA, it’s a long-standing hallmark and a true point of distinction. The course empowers the students by preparing them to adapt, adhere, apply and achieve balance and excellence in their careers; thereby empowering them to add value to industry and society at large.
Vision & Mission
The college’s vision is “To bring out the best in man by providing value-based, need-based, and career-oriented education and create self-reliant global citizens”. The mission of the college is:
- To impart quality education to meet the needs and challenges of the global environment
- To promote the use of advanced technology for teaching
- To impart ethics and human values and to develop professional and life skills
- To promote leadership qualities among students
- To encourage the faculty and students to pursue academic excellence
- To endow students and faculty with institutional ethos and heritage
- To provide adequate infrastructure
- To ensure equity for disadvantaged sections of the society.
Chairman’s message to the aspirants
“Today we lead the students. Tomorrow our Students will lead the world”
We believe that education empowers and benefits academic aspirants and society at large. We have a vision of high-quality lifelong learning, accessible to all. We harbor the tenacity of being first among equals; instilling professional competency in our students with vigor and zeal. We always have the learner, at the heart of everything we do. We raise expectations, set benchmarks and work together single-mindedly; towards the objective of nurturing intellectual capital for the nation.
As an established and highly esteemed institution, we maintain high academic standards with the distinguishable code of conduct and discipline. We mentor students, facilitate the honing of skills and abilities and take great honor in developing IT professionals with a definite awareness of the responsibilities towards the society. We are committed to creating the future that every student dreams of both in higher education and corporate employment.
As Chairman of the organization, I take great pleasure and pride in welcoming you to KLE Family and this wonderful experience of “Empowerment through Education”.
Why BCA at KLE?
The brand value of KLE itself gives enough reasons for students to kick-start their graduation in BCA from the college. Students can be assured for the best faculty, education, exposure, recognition, and placements. Following are some of the reasons to choose KLE BCA:
- Small classes: Class sizes are kept small for personalized one-on-one instruction with plenty of undivided attention for better learning and understanding.
- Convenient Location: Centrally located and easily accessible by public transport.
- Student-Focused Environment: Every staff member is committed to the academic and professional success of students. From faculty and administration to admissions and support staff, our mission is to create a welcoming and supportive environment that facilitates learning and encourages professional development.
- Awards and Recognition: Every year, KLE BCA awards several scholarships, prizes, and medals to encourage and support meritorious and talented students, achievers in academics, sports, and other co-curricular activities. The award of excellence is conferred to students who excel with ranks, semester toppers, and subject toppers in university examinations.
- Fee concessions: In appreciation to outstanding performance in 12th examinations, students will be eligible for fee concessions up to Rs.25000/- during their admission to the course.
- Messaging Service: Continuous monitoring of details like attendance, events and general college-related news are updated to both parents and students.
- Parents-Teachers interaction: Teachers alone help students achieve their full academic potential. Both parents and teachers compliment and reinforce each other’s role in boosting the overall performance of students
- Career Placement Assistance: An active placement cell understands the career objectives of students keeping in mind the current trends in the corporate world. The cell facilitates recruitment and career development for the students by organizing interactive career counselling seminars and coordinating job hiring activities.
Everything about BCA
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) course offered by KLE is affiliated to Bangalore University and is a 3-year undergraduate program which extends over 6 semesters. Following are the eligibility criteria for BCA:
- A candidate who has passed the two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by the Pre-University Education Board.
- A candidate who has passed JODC / three-year Diploma in Engineering from Government of Karnataka or any other examination considered as equivalent thereto shall be eligible for admission.
- Any student who has passed PUC–II in Science, Arts or Commerce stream securing a minimum of 35% of marks.