Admissions to 3-Year B.A and B.Com. Courses offered by School of Distance Education (SDE) have been announced by Andhra University (AU), Vishakhapatnam. The candidates seeking admission will have to go through a Common Entrance Test.
The entrance test will be held on December 27, 2015 at various centers.
Last Date for Submission of Application (without penalty)
December 11, 2015
Last Date for Submission of Application (with penalty of Rs.100)
December 18, 2015
Date of Entrance Exam (Sunday)
December 27, 2015
AU CET 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
- No formal academic qualification is required to take the entrance examination, but the candidate should have completed 18 years of age by 1st July / 1st January of the year of appearance for the B.A. / B.Com. Common Entrance Examination.
- Date of Birth evidence should be produced in any one of the following forms :
- the candidates studied previously in school / college recognized by the Government, T.C. or S.S.L.C / S.S.C / H.S./M.P.S.L.C. Register or Date of Birth Extract from the University should be enclosed (Xerox Copy only)
- If the candidate is employed in Government or Semi Government organization, Date of Birth Certificate issued by Head of the Office should be enclosed in Original.
- Candidates other than the above two categories should enclose a Certificate in the format given in the application form attested by any one of the following officers:
- Mandal Revenue Officer
- Executive Magistrate
Andhra University (School of Distance Education) Application Process:
Applicants can be registered at some selected AU SDE Study Centers.
The application form can also be downloaded from the official website of the university.
Follow these simple steps to apply:
- Go to official website of the university.(Apply here)
- Scroll down to ‘Undergraduate Courses’ and click on ‘BA/BCom Common Entrance Application December – 2015’.
- The application form will open in a new window.
- Now fill all the required information in the form carefully.
Application Fee and Payment Method:
The Examination Fee included in the cost of application itself. However the downloaded application should be sent along with a D.D. for Rs. 200/- drawn in favor of the Registrar, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, payable at Visakhapatnam, on any Nationalized Bank.
Cash, Postal Orders, Money Orders, Cheques and Challans will not be accepted.
The following are to be enclosed along with the Examination Application form:
1. Date of Birth evidence (Xerox Copy).
2. Self-addressed envelope of 11 x 5 size without affixing Postal Stamps.
3. In case of downloaded application D.D. for Rs. 200/- towards cost of application and examination fee drawn in favor of Registrar, Andhra University, and Visakhapatnam.
4. Two self - Addressed Slips.
The completely filled in Entrance examination application form should be sent by Registered Post with Acknowledgment due, to the
School of Distance Education,
super scribing on the envelope, "B.A./B.Com Common Entrance Examination Application".
Incomplete applications and applications not filled in accordance with the instructions are liable to be rejected, without notice.
Andhra University (SDE) Selection Process and CET Exam Pattern:
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the entrance test.
1. There will be two papers.
2. Each paper is of one hour duration and carries a maximum of 100 marks. All questions are of multiple choice-type, with only one answer correct.
3. Each question carries Two Marks.
4. The Entrance Examination will be conducted on December 27, 2015 (Sunday) in one session from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 Noon.
5. The Examination is common for both B.A. and B.Com.
Medium of Examination: Candidates are given option to answer the papers either in English or in Telugu. (The School is offering B.A / B.Com Degree Course in both English and Telugu Medium).
Marks for Eligibility
General English, General Knowledge and Aptitude
Telugu or Hindi or Sanskrit or Urdu or Oriya