Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, popularly known as GITAM, was founded in the year 1980 by an inspired group of eminent intellectuals and industrialists of Andhra Pradesh led by Dr. M.V.V.S. Murthi, former Member of Parliament and popular philanthropist, with the vision to become a global leader in the higher education industry.
The university has three campuses - its main campus at Visakhapatnam, off campuses at Hyderabad and Bengaluru. GITAM has been accredited by NAAC with 'A+' grade and the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India (Tandon Committee), has classified GITAM as category ‘I’ among the deemed to be universities of its kind. The 12-B status accorded to the University by the UGC has given an added thrust to the research activities. To Apply for UG courses: Click here
GITAM has been accredited with ISO 9001:2015 for Quality Management, ISO 14001:2015 for Environmental Management and ISO 27001:2013 for Information Security Management. Its seven academic departments both in engineering and sciences are provided financial assistance under FIST programme by DST for strengthening laboratories. The University has also introduced Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) with effect from the academic year 2015-16 adhering to the UGC guidelines with the main objective to facilitate the students in choosing the programs, mobility across the educational institutions in India and abroad and also enhance employability to meet industrial needs and student aspirations. Over 30,000 alumni of the GITAM have occupied prominent positions across the globe. The university is home to 1200 research scholars, over 20,000 regular students, and more than 70,000 distance learners.
Apart from academics and facilities, what students look for in a college or university at the time of admissions are placements. Students these days want to know where and how soon will they get placed after finishing their studies. Look at the placement record and the industry linkages that GITAM has:
- Career development center - GITAM has a career development center which assists students and alumni to get placed in organizations of their interest. The center is also responsible for assisting students with internships.
- Timeline - Most GITAM students seeking employment opportunities were placed within 6 months of finishing their studies at the university. Over 2250 students were already got campus placements by the end of January in the current academic year with an average package of Rs. 5LPA. For the remaining part of the current academic year, another 100 companies are expected to organize campus placements. The University is known for nearly 100 percent placements. To Apply for PG courses: Click here
- Top employers - TCS accredited the Institute of Technology at level “A” for the quality education and excellence in innovations. TCS gave placements as many as 750 students from the Institute of Technology for the academic year 2017-18. Some of our esteemed recruiters Microsoft India, Amazon India, Oracle, Capital IQ, Tata Consultancy Services, HCL Technologies, Accenture, Wipro Technologies Ltd, Mu-Sigma, Computer Science Corp, DST Worldwide Services, Indian Navy, Indian Army, Mahindra & Mahindra, L&T (ECC Division) and many more.
- Technology Incubation Centre - GITAM University established Technology Incubation Centre to enhance employability and develop professional skills of the students. The Technology Incubation Centre focuses on the integration of industry-relevant skillset and their curriculum in order to expose students to the real workplace culture. The students can spearhead their own projects and come out with a technology to be transferred to prototype, commercialized and marketed.
The expenses involved and the opportunities to earn the scholarship in GITAM is as follows:
- Scholarships & Stipends - The University provides Scholarships and Stipends to the students admitted in all the programs to a tune of Rs 10 Crores per annum. 100% Fee Waiver for Top 10 rankers & 50% Fee Waiver for 11 to 100 ranks in GAT 2018. 25% Fee Waiver for all students of B.Tech. Aerospace Engineering. Merit-cum-Means Scholarships will be awarded to 5% of students in each branch of engineering. Scholarships to every student in M.Tech & M.Arch. Teaching Assistantships to M.Tech. students. Scholarships worth of Rs. 75,000 to all B.Pharmacy and Rs. 1,00,000 to all M.Pharmacy Students. Merit Scholarships to students admitted in engineering and architecture.
- Student loans - To make it easier for the students to get the quality education the university offers a payment plan through the tuition management system.
- Work study options - The career development center of GITAM offers opportunities to work on- and off-campus to its students through earn while you learn the scheme.