Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTUH) is categorized as one of India’s leading Engineering universities which offers B. Tech, M. Tech, MBA, MCA, B. Pharmacy, M. Pharmacy courses. Admission to post-graduate engineering courses in JNTU takes place through Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (TS PGECET).
- TS PGECET 2017 is a state level entrance test for admission to various post graduate courses.
- The form can be filled just in the online mode.
- Osmania University had announced the TS PGECET 2017 results on June 12, 2017
Post-Graduate Courses Offered by JNTUH
- JNTUH offers M. Tech course in the following disciplines:
|Civil Engineering||Computer & Communication||Aerospace Engineering|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Chemical engineering||Medical Engineering|
|Control Engineering||Electronics & Instrumentation||Metallurgical Engineering|
|Electronics Communication & Engineering||Nano- Technology||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Computer Science||Energy Systems||Geo- Infomatics & Surveying Technology|
|Bio – Technology||Environmental Management||-|
|Software Engineering||Spatial Information Technology||-|
|Information Technology||Remote Sensing||-|
- JNTUH also offers M. Pharmacy course.
TS PGECET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who are interested to apply for M. Tech must have completed their B.Tech in relevant stream with minimum qualifying marks from any recognized university.
- Candidates must have an aggregate of minimum 50% in B.E/ B. Tech/ AIME while 45% marks are required for SC/ST.
- Approval from AICTE/ DEC is required for all those who have distance education degree.
- Candidates who are interested to apply for M. pharmacy must have completed their B. Pharmacy.
TS PGECET 2017 Application Process
Application form had to be filled online wherein the candidates had to enter all their details including the papers they were appearing for. Payment for the same could be made online via credit card or debit card or by cash at AP online centers.
- TS PGECET application form had to be filled including payment source, transaction ID and other sources for logging in.
- Academic details had to be uploaded along with photograph of size not more than 40 KB.
- A unique registration number was issued after this.
- An SMS with registration number and transaction id was sent to the registered mobile numbers of applicants.
- No documents are required at the time of filling TS PGECET application form 2017.
TS PGECET Counselling 2017
Counselling for TS PGECET 2017 shall commence from the third week of July by Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- Candidates are required to get their documents verified at help centers.
- Counselling fee must be paid as per the given schedule before exercising web options.
- TS PGECET counselling is based on candidates’ performance in TS PGECET entrance exam.
- Seats will be allotted based on merit ranks.
Mentioned below are the TS PGECET 2017 documents required for verification.
- GATE Score Card
- TS PGECET 2017 Hall Ticket/Admit Card
- TS PGECET 2017 Rank Card
- Transfer Certificate
- Study certificates from 10th class to Graduation
- Memo of SSC or its equivalent certificate
- Degree Certificate & Memorandum of marks of qualifying Exam
- Residence certificate for preceding 7 years of the qualifying examination for candidates who have completed their graduation through private study without any institutionalized education
- Residence Certificate of father or mother for a period of 10 years in Telangana/A.P. excluding the period of their employment outside Telangana/A.P. from M.R.O. in case of candidates who studied outside the state of Telangana/AP
- Integrated community certificate issued by the competent authority in case of BC/SC/ST candidates
- Income Certificate issued after Jan 1, 2017
- Minorities – Degree TC containing minority status
- Residence certificate from MRO for a period of 10 years of either parent for non-locals
- Income certificate issued by MRO after 01-01-2017 will only be considered
JNTUH Admission Entrance Exam 2017
TS PGECET 2017 is a common entrance test for candidates who wish to pursue post-graduation courses in government affiliated colleges, JNTUH being one among them.
- The entrance test is conducted for 16 disciplines and the medium is English only.
- TS PGECET is of 2 hours duration.
- The entrance test comprises objective type multiple choice questions.
- For every correct answer, candidates score 1 mark and there is no negative marking for wrong answers
- TS PGECET comprises a total of 120 questions.
JNTUH Contact Details
- Address: Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500085
- Phone Number: 040 2315 8661
- Website: www.jntuh.ac.in
Check JNTU Admission 2017-18
Last Updated - 20 Jun 2017