Osmania University is one of the best universities in Hyderabad for graduate and post graduate studies. It has been given an A grade by the NAAC and the status of “Potential for Excellence”. The University also has a distance education wing that goes by the name Prof. G. Ram. Reddy Center for Distance Education. The distance education center is affiliated to the Distance Education Council, New Delhi.
The University offers a distance MBA program for interested students. The details of the course is given below:
- The course is a three year long one, which is unlike MBA programs offered by other institutions.
- Elective subjects such as Financial Management, Marketing Management and Human Resources Management is offered.
- To graduate with a first class and distinction, a student has to score above 70% in all the three years taken together.
- A certificate in soft skill is made mandatory for students in the first year of the course.
- Special weekend and contact classes are offered to students to help them with the curriculum.
- Students are evaluated on the basis of both internal and external examinations. The weight given to external examination is 70% and to internal examination, is 30%.
- The course is quite comprehensive as it encompasses managerial economics, business laws etc.
- Students are given a period of 6 years at most to complete the course.
How to take admission in the course:
The Osmania University Correspondence MBA Criterion is quite strict for students. They need to meet the following:
- Students need to clear the Integrated Common Entrance Test, conducted by the government of Andhra Pradesh, for the year in which they are applying.
- Applicants should have mathematics as a subject on the level of their degree course or 10th and 12th level.
- Individuals with a background in open schooling are also eligible to apply if they have had mathematics.
Procedure for admitting oneself to the course:
The Osmania University Correspondence MBA admission procedure for 2014 shall begin from July.
- Forms will be made available at the PGRRCDE in the Osmania University on payment of Rs 100.
- Interested applicants can send for the form by paying a DD of Rs 150/- addressed to the Registrar of Osmania University and payable at Hyderabad. It needs to be drawn on a nationalized bank.
- Applicants can also download the form from the website. They need to send in the filled out form with a DD of Rs 100/- payable with the same specifications.
- The last date for submission is kept sometime in December. Late submissions will require a fee to be paid.
Fees for the Course:
The Osmania University Correspondence MBA fee is not as high as some of the private universities. Students will have to pay around Rs 12,000/- every year. Hence, for 3 years, the course fees comes to Rs 36,000/-. This includes the cost of study materials and contact classes. Study materials are issued to only those students who have paid the fees in full.
The course offered by the Osmania University for MBA is a credible one and offers students good job prospects after completion.
Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015