Osmania University is a public state university located in Hyderabad, India. It has released notification for eligible candidates who want to seek admission in various Law Courses like PGDCL (Cyber Law), PGDTIL (Taxation and Insurance Laws) and PGDIPR (Intellectual Property Rights) during evening hours. Admission will be done through a common entrance test for the academic year 2017-18.
The registration process has begun already. Candidates can download the application form from the official website of Osmania university.
- The university offers 240 seats for admission to PG Diploma in Law course.
- To be eligible for admission, candidates must have bachelor’s degree with minimum 40% marks.
- The registration window will be closed on July 15, 2017.
- Candidates have to pay application fee of INR 500 at the time of registration process.
- The selection process is done on the basis of written test.
- The question paper consists of objective type questions to be completed within 90 minutes duration.
Osmania University is one of the best universities of Hyderabad. It was established in 1918. It is the third oldest university in southern India, and the first to be established in the erstwhile princely State of Hyderabad. It is the first Indian university to have Urdu as a medium of instruction.
Osmania University PG Diploma in Law Important Dates
The registration process for admission to PG Diploma in Law has been started from June 15, 2017. Candidates who wish to apply can submit their applications till July 15, 2017. Check the table below for complete schedule.
|Application Form Available From||June 16, 2017|
|Last date to submit application form||July 15, 2017|
|Last Date for Registration with Late Fee of INR 100||July 22, 2017|
|Last Date for Registration with Late Fee of INR 200||July 29, 2017|
|Date of Common Entrance Test||July 30, 2017|
|Declaration of Result||August 05, 2017|
|Date of Spot Admission||August 11, 2017|
Osmania University PG Diploma in law Course Offered
For the academic year 2017-18 Osmania University offers 3 programs of PG Diploma in Law. There are 80 seats available in each program.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Law (PGDCL) – 80 seats, (Sponsored category 20 and Non-Sponsored category 60)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights (PGDIPR) - 80 seats, (Sponsored category 20 and Non-Sponsored category 60)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation and Insurance Laws (PGDTIL) - 80 seats, (Sponsored category 20 and Non-Sponsored category 60)
Osmania University PG Diploma in Law Eligibility Criteria
To seek admission in post graduate diploma in law course, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria. The complete eligibility is mentioned below:
- Candidates must have B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com degree or any other bachelor’s degree.
- Students must secure at least 40% marks in graduation degree.
- There is relaxation of 4% marks for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST).
Osmania University PG Diploma in Law Application Form
Application form can be downloaded from the official website. Candidates can duly fill the application form and send it along with application fee of INR 500 to the office of the principal, University College of Law, Osmania University, Hyderabad or the Principal, Post Graduate College of Law, Basheerbagh, Hyderabad during college working hours. The registration window will be closed on July 15, 2017. Applications received after due date will not be accepted.
All the information which is mentioned on the application form must be correct and exactly same with the information of original documents. Candidates are required to mention a valid email address or phone number on the application form.
Steps to Apply:
- Visit official website i.e. www.osmania.ac.in.
- Select your applied program and download application form.
- Fill all the required information asked in application form.
- Duly fill application form with application fee and send it to the address mentioned above.
Osmania University PG Diploma in Law Selection Process
The selection process is done on the basis of written test which is conducted by the Department of Law, Osmania University.
The written test for diploma courses consists MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) carrying 100 marks. Applicants will get the duration of 90 minutes to complete their exam.
The syllabus of written test as follow below:
- Current Affairs – 30 questions of 1 mark each
- Basic Principals of Commerce - 10 questions in each of the disciplines carrying 1 mark each
- Awareness of Law - 40 questions each carrying 1 mark
Osmania University Contact Details
Address: Osmania University Main Rd, Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007
Phone: 040 2768 2444
Last Updated - 28 Jun 2017