University provides admissions to candidates in Ph.D. course with specialization in Fishery Science. The application form is available on the official website. Candidates need to download the application form and must send it last by July 31, 2017. The application fee of INR 1000 for general category and INR 500 for SC/ST/PH category must be paid.
The minimum eligibility criteria required is post graduate degree from any recognized university with 70% marks in aggregate. Candidates will be selected on the basis of Entrance Exam (50 marks), M.F.Sc level Performance (20 marks), B.F.Sc level Performance (10 marks) and Interview (20 marks).
SVVU PhD Fishery Science Admission Important Dates
Candidates need to submit the application form much before time to avoid any rejection or postal delay. The last date of submission of application form is July 31, 2017. Some of the other important dates are as follows:
|Last date for submission of form||July 31, 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test Ph.D||August 9, 2017|
|Date of Interview||August 22, 2017|
|Registration of 1st semester of Ph.D||August 28, 2017|
SVVU PhD Fishery Science Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria, before applying for the course. Not fulfilling the eligibility criteria will lead to cancellation of candidature. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must pass Master of Fishery Science(MFSc) or an equivalent examination from SVVU/ANGRAU or from an institution accredited by ICAR in the concerned field of specialization with at least 70% marks in the aggregate under traditional system of examination.
- In the case of SC, ST and PH candidates, 60% marks in the aggregate under traditional system in Master of Fishery Science is necessary.
- The upper age limit is 50 years as on July 1, 2017.
Read More SVVU Admission
SVVU PhD Fishery Science Application Form
The application process is offline. Candidates need to download the application form from the official website of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University. The steps to fill the application form are as follows:
- Visit the official website
- Click ‘Ph.D Application’ link
- Application form will get downloaded in Microsoft word format
- Fill the application form, enclose it with all the necessary documents and payment receipt and sent it to:
Candidates need to enclose the attested copies of documents along with the application form. Candidates must enclose only the copies and not the original documents as these will not be returned. The list of documents is:
- Marksheets of all years obtained by the candidates at B.F.Sc and M.F.Sc level
- Provisional certificates of the above examinations
- Date of Birth Certificate (SSC Certificate)
- Candidates belonging to Backward Classes, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes must enclose, Social Status Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Physical disability certificate, if any
- Study certificates from Heads of recognized educational institutions from VI class onwards. Those who appeared for any examination by private study should enclose residence certificate.
- Certificate showing the formula for conversion of OGPA/CGPA into marks in respect of candidates who passed their examination from Universities other than A.P. Agricultural University/ANGRAU/SVVU.
Note: Original Documents must be produced at the time of interview and must be submitted only at time of admission.
Candidates need to pay the application fee of INR 1000 for General category and INR 500 for SC/ST/PH category. Candidates need to pay through online mode preferably in Andhra Bank/ any Nationalized Bank favoring Comptroller, SVVU, Payable at Andhra Bank, Thummalagunta Branch, Tirupati Account No. 209810100016530, I.F.Sc. Code ANDB0002098 having UTR No./ Transaction I.D.
Note: Employed candidates must send the applications through their employer so as to reach on or before the last date prescribed. However, they may send advance copies of applications with certificates to avoid delay in forwarding of applications by the employer.
SVVU PhD Fishery Science Selection Process
Selection of candidates will be based on their performance in the entrance exam. The entrance exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions covering post graduate topics. Candidates will be judged out of 100 marks. The breakage of 100 marks is as follows:
- Entrance Exam (50 Marks)
- M.F.Sc level Performance (20 Marks)
- B.F.Sc level Performance (10 Marks)
- Interview (20 Marks)
Qualifying criteria for general category candidates is 50% marks whereas there is no qualifying criteria for SC/ST/PH category candidates. Admissions to SC/ST/PH candidates will be based on the extent of seats reserved for them.
SVVU PhD Fishery Science Contact Details
Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University is a state university located at Tirupati, Chittoor district, Andhra Pradesh, India. It was established in 2005 and focuses on veterinary studies. Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University was established to strengthen education and services in the fields of Veterinary Science, Dairy Technology and Fishery Science. University offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctorate and Diploma courses in various fields of veterinary studies.
In case of any query, doubt or information, kindly contact at:
Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University,
Dr. Y.S.R. Bhavan
Tirupati - 517 502
Telephone: 0877 - 2248155
Fax: 0877 - 2249222
Last Updated - 15 Jul 2017