Application for admission to Ph.D. courses for spring session 2016 have been invited by Tezpur University’s Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering. The program is available on full time basis under ‘Visvesvaraya PhD scheme’ supported by DeitY, MCIT, and Govt. of India. There are 8 positions in total (including 2 sponsored seats). You can apply by submitting your application forms by email.
Tezpur University Ph.D. Program Important Dates:
Last date of submission of application through email
December 9, 2015
Date of announcement of short listed candidates (through website)
December 11, 2015
Date of Written Test and Interview
December 19, 2015
The areas of research under the program are:
- Power Electronics
- Biomedical signal analysis
- Intelligent Bio-Instrumentation
Tezpur University Ph.D. Program Eligibility Criteria:
The applying candidates with any of the following qualifications may apply:
M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Sc. Engg. / M.S. in
Electronics/ Communication/ Electronics Design/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Control/ Microwave/ Biomedical/Bioelectronics/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Information Technology
.Electronics/ Physics/ Applied Mathematics
Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Bachelor degree
MD/ MS degree
B.E. / B.Tech. with
80% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA with valid GATE score
Tezpur University Ph.D. Program Application Process:
Interested candidates can download the application form from the official website of Tezpur University. The steps to download the application form are as follows:
- Open the official website of the university (Apply Online).
- Go to ‘News and Notification’ section, and you will be redirected to the news and notification section of the university.
- Now click on ‘PhD Admission under Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme Spring 2016’ and the official notification will open in a new window.
- Now, at the bottom of the page, click on ‘Application Form’ and you will be directed to the form, fill in all the details in the fields provided.
You will need to send the completely filled application form in the prescribed format along with a scan copy of the Bank draft by e-mail to: email@example.com. The original Bank draft of Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/ST/PWD) drawn in favor of ‘Registrar, Tezpur University’, payable at ‘Tezpur’ should be sent to:
Prof. J.C. Dutta, Coordinator,
Visvesvaraya PhD scheme,
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering,
Tezpur University, Tezpur (Napaam) -784028, Assam.
Mentioning the name of the candidate and Visvesvaraya PhD scheme on the reverse page of the draft by Speed Post so as to reach on or before December 9, 2015.
Tezpur University Ph.D. Program Selection Process:
The applying candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their previous records and then the shortlisted candidates will have to go through a written test and an interview for the final selection to the program.
The names of the candidates short listed for written test and interview will be uploaded on the Tezpur University’s website on December 11, 2015. Selection will be made on the basis of performance. Written test will be conducted on December 19, 2015 in the following subjects:
- Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Control System Engineering
- Communication Engineering
- Signals and Systems
- Circuit and Networks
Tezpur University Ph.D. Program Aids and Other Details:
- Initially for two years: Rs.22,500/- per month
- for remaining years as per the guidelines of the scheme: Rs.25,000/- per month
The funds issued in case of any unforeseen emergency or to fund any unexpected expense. The fund/grant provided is Rs. 30,000 per month.Last Updated - 26 Nov 2015