Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Patna invites admission application for the Ph.D. programmes in Engineering, Science and Humanities & Social Science streams for session starting in December 2015. For this the Online application registration will start from November 04, 2015 and last date is November 19, 2015.
Note: Last Date of recieving complete application form by the institute is November 24, 2015.
IIT Patna Ph.D Departments:
Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
Humanities and Social Science
Computer Science and Engineering
Civil & Environmental Engineering
Materials Science & Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for the Admission in IIT Patna Ph.D program in various streams:
Age Limit: For all streams the upper age limit is 28 years (B.Tech/BE/M.Sc/MA/MCA/MBA) and 32 years (M.Tech/ME/MS/M.Phil) to be calculates from Regular and full time category.
Age relaxation of 05 years for the students who are belonging to SC/ST/Women,PH and OBC applicants.
Common for All Streams:
If Candidate has done Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from IIT then he must have scored minimum CPI of 7.0 or if student has studied from institute other than IITs or IISc then he must have relevant area with minimum CPI of 8.0% or 75%
For Ph.D. in Engineering:
- M.E./ M.Tech students with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of aggregate marks
- Students with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology studied from institute other than IITs with minimum CPI of 8.0 or 75% of aggregate marks.
- If he had Master’s degree in Science in a relevant area with Minimum CPI of 7.5 or 70% marks
For Ph.D in Science Program:
- Candidates must have completed their M.Phil or Master’s degree in science in the relevant field with minimum of CPI of 6.5 or 60% Marks.
- If Candidate has done Master’s Degree in Engineering then he must have scored minimum CPI of marks
For Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Science:
Candidates should have M.Phil or Master’s Degree in Arts/Commerce/Science with minimum of 55% marks
Direct Admission for IIT Patna Ph.D. program in various courses:
The students who secured top ranks in the last qualifying degree will be admitted directly into the Ph.D. program.
Relaxation for SC/ST Candidates: 0.5 CPI or 5% relaxation for eligible SC/ST students
Reservations: The seats will be reserved for the ST/SC/OBC/PwD students as per Indian Govt. rules. Non Creamy OBC students will have to send the certificates and self declaration statement as per format to institute along with form.
Selection: The institute reserves right to call limited no. of candidates for written for the written test/ interview/performance based on GATE 2015/NET/Qualifying examination, etc.
Application Procedure for IIT Patna Ph.D program admission:
- The candidates can visit official website for downloading the form. Candidate can note that link on the website will remain active till November 19, 2015.
- Candidate can login and fill up the application form by following the all instructions.
- After filling up all the details, candidates can download the application form
- Candidate then after that have to send the self attested copies of marksheets & certificates (of all 10 class to higher degree), caste certificate, GATE 2015 /NET/Relevant certificate related to any fellowship, experience certificate and other testimonials and DD to the following address:
The Assistant Registrar (Academics),
Indian Institute of Technology Patna,
Patliputra Colony, Patna -800013
- Candidate must obtain the demand Draft from any nationalised Bank of Rs.300/- for General /OBC Category and Rs.150 for SC/ST/PH/Female candidates in favour of “IIT patna” and payable at Patna.
Navin Govt. Polytechnic Campus,
Patna – 800013
Website: www.iitp.ac.inLast Updated - 07 Nov 2015