Punjab University has released notification for admission to B.Ed. program in Colleges of Education affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh and situated in U.T. Chandigarh. It offers B.Ed. program in three different departments namely- B.Ed. (General), B.Ed. (Yoga) and B.Ed. Special Education (Mental Retardation). It is a state level university.
Students needs to possess a bachelors’ degree in relevant discipline to be eligible for admission to B.Ed. program in PU. The application form is available on the official website of the university. Students need to pay an application fee of INR 2000 at the time of registration process. The last date of online form submission is July 27, 2017.
The selection is done on the basis of marks obtained in graduation degree. The university will release a combined merit list of shortlisted candidates on the basis of their score in graduation. Shortlisted candidates will participate in centralized counselling which is conducted by Punjab University.
Punjab University B.Ed. Important Dates
The registration process has been started. Applicants can submit their applications till July 27, 2017. The table given below represents the complete schedule of admission process:
|The registration starts from||July 16, 2017|
|Last date of online form submission||July 27, 2017|
|Last date for deposit of fee||July 28, 2017|
|Last Date for uploading of photograph, signature||July 29, 2017|
|Merit list displayed on||July 30, 2017|
Punjab University B.Ed. Eligibility Criteria
Students applying for B.Ed. program have to fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed by the university. The complete eligibility criteria is given below:
- Candidates should have Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university or institute.
Students having master degree in Science/ Social sciences/ Humanities/ Commerce/ Home science with at least 50% marks are also eligible to apply.
B.B.A/ B.C.A/ B.A.LL.B./ B.Com./ LL.B. or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the program.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in science and mathematics with minimum 55% marks (For SC/ ST 50%).
Punjab University B.Ed. Application Form
The registration is done in online mode. Candidates who wish to apply can submit the application form on the official website of the university i.e. puchd.ac.in/. The registration window closes on July 27, 2017. Applications received after the due date will not be accepted.
- Candidates have to pay an application fee of INR 2000 at the time of registration process. It can be paid in online mode through Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card.
- Applicants belong to reserved categories (SC/ ST/ PwD) need to pay INR 1000 only as registration fee.
- All the information which is mentioned on the application form must be correct and verified with the information of original documents. Candidates found ineligible at the time of admission process will be summarily rejected.
Steps to Apply Online:
- Visit the official website i.e. puchd.ac.in/.
- Click o admission link
- Register by using your email id and password
- Login after the confirmation of email
- Fill application form
- Upload signature and photograph in JPEG format
- Image size should not be more than 50K
- Pay application fee
- Verify all the information and save application form
- Take the print out for future reference
Punjab University B.Ed. Selection Process
Selection is done on the basis of merit. Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their marks in graduation degree will be considered for admission.
The combined merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the qualifying examination i.e. graduation. Shortlisted candidates will participate in counselling.
Punjab University will conduct a centralized counselling. Candidates can complete the admission formalities in the college allotted to them during the counselling process.
|Name of College||Number of Seats Available||Course|
|Government College of Education, Sector 20-D, Chandigarh||100||B.Ed.|
|Dev Samaj College of Education, Sector36-B, Chandigarh||100||B.Ed.|
|GRIID, Sector 31-C, Chandigarh||30||B.Ed. (Special Education) MR|
|Govt. College of Yoga Education and Health Sector 23-A, Chandigarh.||20||B.Ed. (Yoga)|
|Brahmrishi Yoga Training Centre, Sector-19-A, Chandigarh||20||B.Ed. (Yoga)|
About Punjab University
Panjab University is a public collegiate university located in Chandigarh, India. It was established in 1947. This is one of the oldest universities in India. The university offers admission in various under graduate, post graduate, and Ph.D. programs.
The university has 75 teaching and research departments and 15 centers for teaching and research at the main campus located at Chandigarh. It has 190 affiliated colleges spread over the eight districts of Punjab state and union-territory of Chandigarh, with Regional Centers at Muktsar, Ludhiana and Hoshiarpur cities in Punjab state.
Address: Panjab University, Sector 14,
Phone: 0172 253 4867
Website: puchd.ac.in/.Last Updated - 20 Jul 2017