NIT Raipur (National Institute of Technology, Raipur) is inviting applications for admission to M.Tech program in different disciplines. The university offers total 33 seats for admission to M.Tech program. To seek admission in M.Tech program, candidates must have Bachelor’s Degree with at least 60% marks (For SC/ ST 55% marks).
The registration window has opened. Candidates who wish to apply can download the application form from the official website of Institute. Applicants have to pay an application fee of INR 500 at the time of registration process. The last date of registration is July 19, 2017.
The selection is done on the basis of GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) score. The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of GATE score. Candidates must qualify GATE exam to be eligible for admission to M.Tech program in NIT Raipur.
NIT Raipur Courses Offered
National Institute of Technology, Raipur offers admission to various streams of M.Tech program:
|M.Tech in Chemical Engineering||5|
|M.Tech in Civil Engineering||8|
|M.Tech in Electrical Engineering||5|
|M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering||10|
|M.Tech in Information Technology||5|
NIT Raipur M.Tech Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to M.Tech program, candidates must have graduation degree with 60% marks from a recognized university or institute. There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST). Applicants also required minimum two year of work experience after qualifying exam and must be sponsored by their employers.
- M.Tech in Chemical Engineering: Candidates must have BE/ B.Tech degree in chemical engineering.
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering: Students must have BE/ B.Tech or Equivalent degree in Civil Engineering.
- M.Tech in Electrical Engineering: B.E/ B.Tech or Equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Power Control and Drives, Power Electronics, Power Engineering or relevant disciplines.
- M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering: Applicants must have BE/ B.Tech or equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant disciplines.
- M.Tech in Information Technology: Candidates must have BE/ B.Tech or equivalent degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Electronics or relevant disciplines or MCA.
Read More NIT Admission
NIT Raipur M.Tech Application Form
The registration process has been started. Eligible and interested candidates can download the application form from the official website of NIT Raipur. Applicants are suggested to check eligibility criteria, before applying for the program. The registration window will be closed on July 19, 2017. Applications received after the due date will not be accepted.
Candidates are required to visit the website and download the application form. Duly filled application form along with application fee and all required documents send it to Registrar, NIT Raipur, CG 492010. Students have to pay an application fee of INR 500 in the form of Demand Draft in favor of “Director, NIT Raipur” payable at Raipur.
Candidates are required to make sure that all the information which is mentioned on the application form must be correct and similar to the information of original documents. If any candidate found ineligible at the time of admission process his/ her candidature will be cancelled.
Students need to mention a valid email address or phone number on the application form. All the information regarding admission process will be sent by email only.
Steps to Apply:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.nitrr.ac.in/.
- Click on admission link and download the application form
- Fill application form with all required information
- Attach all the required documents
- Pay application fee
- Sent it to the prescribed address.
Documents Required for Registration Process:
- Character certificate from the Head of Institution studied last.
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Experience certificate.
NIT Raipur M.Tech Selection Process
The selection is done on the basis of GATE score (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering). Candidates must qualify GATE to be eligible for admission to M.Tech program. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of GATE score.
GATE- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level online exam. It is conducted every year for admission to M.Tech/ Ph.D. in the field of engineering and technology. It is conducted on rotational basis by IITs.
GATE 2018 will be conducted by IIT Guwahati on February 03, 04, 10 and 11, 2018. The paper will consist of 65 questions worth 100 marks. Candidates will get the duration of three hours to attempt all the questions.
NIT Raipur Contact Details
National Institute of Technology, Raipur is a technical institution located in Raipur, Chhattisgarh. It was founded in 1956 as Govt. College of Mining and Metallurgy with two engineering disciplines, mining and metallurgy, the institute is one of the oldest of its kind in India.
The institute offers two undergraduate (B.Tech. and B.Arch.) and two postgraduate programs M.Tech and M.C.A. in 11 engineering disciplines and Architecture.
Address: NIT Raipur, G.E Road, Raipur,
Phone: 077122 54200
Last Updated - 12 Jul 2017