AIIMS, New Delhi invites online applications for admission in Ph.D. programs for January 2016 session. Online registration has been started since December 02, 2015 and last date for applying is December 22, 2015.All the medical prorammes running in the AIIMS New Delhi are approved by MCI.
Admissions for the total 79 available seats will be done on the basis of an entrance exam. Exam will be conducted on January 23, 2016 in both online and offline modes.
Examination will be conducted in Delhi/NCR only. The question paper will consist of 80 MCQ and short answer type questions which have to be attempted in 90 minutes.
AIIMS New Delhi is the premier institution for medical education in India. AIIMS offers all regular and specialized medical courses at UG, PG and doctoral level.
Important details like instructions for important dates, eligibility criteria, seats available, registration process, registration fee and selection process are mentioned in this article.
|Top Ph. D Colleges in Delhi||Top Ph. D Colleges in Maharashtra||Top Ph. D Colleges in India|
AIIMS New Delhi Important Dates:
- Online Registration process starts December 02, 2015
- Last date for registration December 22, 2015
- Last date to check status of application January 05, 2016
- Last date for submission of required documents for Regularization of Rejected Application January 11, 2016
- Finalization of Centres and allotment of Roll No./Admit Card on website January 15, 2016
- Written Test through online & / offline modes January 23, 2016
- Declaration of Entrance exam Result (Expected Date) January 27, 2016
- Departmental Assessment January 29, 2016
- Final result February 01, 2016
- Selected candidates are required to join on 01.02.2016 or before 15.02.2016
AIIMS has the huge number of qualified and experience teaching staff and doctors. Check AIIMS Faculty List
Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS Ph.D. Programs
Before registering you must check that you fulfil the eligibility criteria for program. You must possess any one of the following qualifications from a recognized university –
- MBBS degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the professional examinations
- M.Sc. degree or M.Sc. in subjects related to biomedical sciences or M.Sc. in Nursing degree with at least 60% marks or Master of Surgery (MS) or Doctor of Medicine (MD) or an equivalent degree
Note- The candidates, who are likely to complete requisite qualification and degree by 30th January, 2016 may also apply.
Seats available in different departments
Following is the seat matrix under different departments. You can apply for only one of these departments while filing the application -
Neuro-Surgery (Trauma Centre)
Ocular Biochemistry, Dr. R.P.C.
Onco-Anaesthesia & Palliative Medicine, Dr. BRAIRCH
CTC (Stem Cell)
College of Nursing
Pediatrics (Genetics/Basic Sciences)
Dermatology & Venerology
Gastroenterology & HNU
Lab. Oncology, Dr. BRAIRCH
Psychiatry (Clinical Psychology)
Medical Oncology, Dr. BRAIRCH
Psychiatry (Addiction Psychiatry)
Medical Physics, Dr. BRAIRCH
Pulmonary Medicine & Sleep Disorders
Transplant Immunology & Immunogenetics
Duration of the Course
The duration of the course will be the time period from registration to submission of thesis. The minimum period of completion in respect of all the candidates who are registered for Ph. D. shall be three years and the maximum period shall not exceed five years
AIIMS Ph.D. Registration Process:
Online Registration is a 7 Step process. All Seven (7) Steps of Online Registration Process should be completed before closing date. Following are some instructions to fill the registration form online-
- Go to the official website Apply Here
- Click on Ph.D. in Academic courses section and in general links click on ‘Register’
- New Registration page will appear. For New Registration, click on Click Here button on New Registration Page.
- For already registered candidate, enter Candidate Id, Password (already sent on registered email id) and Captcha and then click on Login button
After Click on register button a message will appear on screen containing ‘Candidate ID’ and ’Password’. An Email and SMS will also be sent to registered Email Id and mobile number having Login Credentials i.e. Candidate ID and password.
On clicking proceed registration form will appear. Registration form consists following steps-
- Qualification Details
- Experience Details
- Center Choice
- Make Payment
- Upload Images
Candidate must take print of Registration Slip once all steps of registration are completed. Click on Submit button and take printout of Registration Slip.
Registration Slip contains all the details provided by candidate during on line registration i.e. Personal Details, Qualification Details, Experience Details, Payment details and Uploaded Images etc.
AIIMS Ph.D. Application Fee:
Application fee is payable according to the categories as following-
- General / OBC Category: Rs.1000/- +Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC/ST Category: Rs. 800/- +Transaction Charges as applicable
- OPH Candidates is exempted from Fee
Mode of payment: Through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking.
AIIMS provide the all major facilities related to medical research and study. Other than this institute also provides the best Hostel facility.
AIIMS Ph.D. Entrance Test Results
Results for Ph.D. Program entrance test will be available on institute website at Check Result on January 27, 2016. Candidates will not be informed individually for the result. Although you can check the final result after the selection process is over.
AIIM Selection Process for Ph.D. Program:
Selection for Ph.D. is a two stage process stated as under and if selected then pay the AIIMS Course fee
Stage 1: Written test
Written test is of 80 marks and it is to be completed in 90 minutes. The question paper will consist of 50 Theory based Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and 30 clinical/practical/lab based Short Answer Questions (SAQs)/MCQs.
Each correct (MCQ) answer will be awarded 1 mark and each wrong (MCQ) answer will be awarded one-third (-1/3) negative mark.
Stage 2: Departmental Assessment
Candidates who secure 50 percent or above in the written test (Stage-I) are eligible for stage 2. Candidates 3 times the number of seats available will be called for departmental clinical/practical/lab based assessment carrying 20 marks.Last Updated - 18 Dec 2015