IGNOU has again extended the Re-registration dates for IGNOU July Session 2021 till June 15. Candidates can visit the official website to re-register online before the deadline by entering their username and password at http://ignou.samath.edu.in/.
IGNOU Online Admission System consists of an online portal that facilitates the submission of the admission forms for programs offered by the university. In order to register successfully, the students are required to create their user ID and password along with submitting the program details along with the desired regional center and study center. The program fee can be paid through Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking using the online payment gateway.
- The students are allowed to edit the filled-in information before final submission to IGNOU.
- Once the admission form is submitted online, the students can track the progress of their admission.
- Upon confirmation of the admission, an SMS is sent to the mobile number of the students in addition to the email message sent on the email ID registered with the System.
- The cost of the prospectus is INR 200 (in person) which has been kept free for the students who submit their forms through online mode.
- However, an amount of INR 100 is charged as a processing fee for online students.
Steps for IGNOU Online Registration
Step 1: Before registration, all the first time applicants are advised to check the details including eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, etc. for the desired program from the “Online Admission System” portal available on the official IGNOU website
Step 2: Upon verifying the necessary details, candidates should click on the "Register Yourself" button which appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- The username entered must be between 8 to 16 characters.
- Password entered must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
Step 3: Upon filling in the mandatory information, the candidate should click the "SUBMIT" button. The candidate’s username will be instantly sent to the registered e-mail ID and SMS. The student must remember his/her username and Password for subsequent login.
Note: Already registered/ existing users must click the "Login" button and enter their username along with the password to go any further.
Step 4: Upon registering through the “Login” button, the candidate will be required to enter personal details, program details, qualification details, course details, and correspondence details.
Important Points regarding IGNOU Online Admission
- The candidates should remember their Username and Password for subsequent login
- Pre-requisites for filling up applications online include a Scanned Photograph, Scanned Signature, Scanned copy of Age Proof along with several other documents.
- The application fee can be paid through various available payment modes viz. Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking.
- Upon successful payment, candidates will be able to print/save the payment confirmation slip.
Check: IGNOU Admissions 2021
IGNOU Admission Status 2021
After submitting the application form, it is important that candidates check their IGNOU 2021 admission status to know if their application form has been accepted or rejected. Candidates can check their registration/ admission status from the official website through enrollment number or via the search by name option available under the “Admission tab”.
What after IGNOU Admission Form Submission 2021?
IGNOU admission forms are generally accepted within two months after the application submission. The candidate’s application form gets scrutinized, verified, and accepted by the concerned Regional Center. After that, the candidate receives a confirmation if the IGNOU registration form is successfully submitted. They are also informed further about their admission confirmation, allotment of the study center and other details for induction, etc.
How to check IGNOU Admission Status?
Listed below is the step-wise process to help the candidate while checking their admission status of the application form:
Step 1: Visit the candidate login page at onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission/Login.
Step 2: Log in with your enrollment number and relevant program.
Step 3: Enter the given captcha in the space and click on the ‘Search’ button.
Step 4: You will be redirected to a new page containing the program details you have entered at the time of registration.
Step 5: Click on ‘Know your status and your admission status will be reflected on the screen.
What after IGNOU 2021 Admission Status is Confirmed?
Once the candidates’ application form is approved by the university, the status of admission will automatically show confirmed. An e-mail or SMS will be sent to the student’s registered ID and phone number regarding the same. You can contact your regional or study center for assignments or counselling sessions-related information.
How to recover IGNOU Username and Password?
In case, the candidate has forgotten their username then they must follow these steps to log in.
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Click on ‘Forgotten Username’ in the login window.
- Enter your registered e-mail ID, mobile number, control number and select the program.
- Click on ‘Search’ button and your username will be sent to the registered mail.
In case, someone has forgotten their password, then they must follow these steps to retrieve it back.
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Click on ‘Forgotten password’ in the login window.
- Enter your user name, mobile number, e-mail ID.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button and the link to reset the password will be sent to the mail ID.
Re-Registration at IGNOU is basically for those students who are unable to complete their course within the stipulated time period. Under this special provision, applicants can apply for a time extension to complete their course, keeping the examination and other details static. For now, this special provision has been rolled back. This is valid for very few students who are on the verge of completing their course in the near future.
Regarding the Online Re-Registration, IGNOU has also upgraded the cloud-based application for the re-registration of existing users to the 2nd /3rd year of the university courses. Candidates who had sought admission through the Online Admission System during the last session are able to login with the same ID and password for submission of their form for the last session.
- The system retrieves the admission data and course options of the previous session from the server itself.
- The course options available for the current session is based on the course options of the previous session(s).
- Upon processing of the RR forms received online, the final data is transferred to the Integrated Student Management System of the university.
- The regional centers are able to download the list of pre-registered students along with the details of Scholar Master for the students in their region.
IGNOU Admit Card
IGNOU publishes admit card/ hall ticket for the entrance exam as well as end term examination on the official website. Candidates can download the admit card/ hall ticket from the ‘Student Zone’ portal through the following steps:
- Log on to the official IGNOU website and navigate to ‘Student Zone’ available in the drop-down list under the Student Portal tab.
- In the next page, go to the ‘Results’ section and click the ‘Hall Ticket/ Admit Card’ link to view the list of hall tickets. Eg. Hall Tickets for Term End Exam December 2019
- Upon clicking the link, the candidate will be required to enter the enrolment number and select the program.
- Upon submitting the details, IGNOU Hall Ticket will be displayed in the browser. Candidates should download the admit card and take a printout of it for future reference.
Ques. When is the last date for re-registration at IGNOU for July Session 2021?
Ques. What details are required for the IGNOU re-registration process?
Ques. What are the accepted modes of payment for the IGNOU re-registration process?
Ques. Are students required to register themselves again for the IGNOU re-registration process?
Ques. Why is IGNOU Re-registration process necessary and for whom?
Ques. How does the IGNOU Re-registration process work?
Ques. For what courses can a student apply for Re-registration?
Ques. Is there any user manual for IGNOU re-registration process?