Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a largest open University in the field of distance cum private education in almost every field of education. The University conducts several exams to offer admission in various Doctorate, UG, PG, Diploma and certificate courses. Students can register online/manually in order to get admission in the people’s University. Students can check their results for entrance & term end examinations through the official website of IGNOU.
IGNOU Date Sheet
IGNOU has released the date sheet for term end examination for the December session. Students can download the course-wise date sheet by navigating to the official website of IGNOU. Students have to satisfy the prescribed rules in order to be eligible for the December TEE. Registration for all of the courses must be valid, not time biased. The University conducts the TEE in two sessions, namely forenoon & afternoon. Students are advised to follow the below mentioned steps in order to download their Exam Date Sheet:
- Visit the official website of the IGNOU.
- Click on the IGNOU Exam Date Sheet
- Now navigate to the Student’s zone.
- Now scroll down to get the new updates regarding TEE timetable.
Evaluation Process in IGNOU
IGNOU follows a unique three-stage process to measure the performance of a student.
- Self-Assessment: In terms of marks weightage of this section is nil, but it is very important for student’s mental growth.
- Evaluation through Assignments: It includes 25 to 30% of the total weightage.
- Term-End Examination (TEE): It includes 70 to 75% of the total weightage.
Computer Marked Assignments (CMA) are required to be sent to the IGNOU campus while the Tutor Marked Assignments (TMA) have to be sent to the respective study centres.
IGNOU OPENMAT Result
IGNOU conducts OPENMAT to provide admission in distance MBA programme. Students can check the OPENMAT Result (semester-wise) by following the below mentioned steps:
- Visit to the official website of the IGNOU.
- In the main menu, click on the ‘students zone’ section.
- In the drop down menu, click on the ‘results’ link.
- Now you will be redirected to the result page.
- Now click on ‘OPENMAT’ result link.
- Enter your enrollment number & submit.
- Your scorecard will be displayed on the screen. Save & download it for future use.
IGNOU Term-End Exam (TEE) Result
In order to access the performance of students, the University conducts the term-end examination in the months of June & December every year. Students can check their results year-wise by simply providing their enrollment number.
The University also conducts the on demand exams in 135 courses covering 50 programmes in total. IGNOU provides the assurance to its students that they can opt for their test anytime when they feel like they are completely prepared for the same (but they have to complete the minimum period of study). Students must keep in mind that on-demand exams are also conducted in the months of June & December only.
In order to download the IGNOU Grade Card, students have to provide their programme name along with the enrollment number by following the result link of IGNOU.
IGNOU Community Colleges Result
There are certain courses for which IGNOU just provides the degree to the enrolled students, but all admission & examination proceedings have been governed by the respective community colleges in which that particular course is offered. The result for the same is available on the result portal of the IGNOU.
IGNOU Revaluation Result Status
If you are not satisfied with your IGNOU result/grade in the term-end examination, then you can directly apply for the revaluation process for your concerned course. Students must keep in mind the following important points in order to apply for the revaluation process:
- After rechecking, higher score will be considered among the original score & the revaluated score.
- Request for revaluation must be made within one month after the declaration of the result.
- The status of revaluated marks/grade will be communicated to the student on the registered e-mail ID & on the website too.
- Students can apply for the rechecking process in the case of TEE only, not for the lab/dissertation or thesis/projects.
Students have to send the application regarding the revaluation process super scribed with ‘Application form for Revaluation of answer scripts’ to the concerned address/regional centres of IGNOU.Last Updated - 13 Feb 2018