Delhi University announced the first cutoff list for various Under-Graduate courses on June 30th 2016. Students can expect 0.5 to 1% increment in cutoffs this year. According to experts, courses which have received maximum applications may go 1 to 2% higher as compared to last year.
|DELHI UNIVERSITY RELEASED CUTOFF FOR 2016 CHECK NOW|
A total number of 2, 50,914 students have applied to secure admission over 54,000 seats under 63 colleges of DU for the year 2016. This year, the university has decided to come up with total five cutoff lists to limit over admissions, after that affiliated colleges will come out with their own cutoff list & students have to apply in the colleges again.
Cutoff for different courses in Science, Arts & Commerce under constituent colleges of University of Delhi is going to be released on June 30th 2016. Students are eagerly looking for the release of the first cutoff list. We have discussed some imperative factors which will help you to decide the minimum marks required to secure seat in the desired college.
- Class 12th Result: This year around 90,000 students have scored more than 90% marks as compared to 60,000 students of last year.
- Variation in minimum marks: Delhi University’s colleges do not reveal any fixed pattern in terms of requirement of minimum marks, it is completely vulnerable for every college each year.
- The First Cutoff: It has been evident since the last few years that the first cut-off soars high. Student, who will maintain the position in the first list have to just pay the course fee to finalize their admission.
- What next after first Cutoff: Generally, second cutoff drops down up to 2 to 3 % in comparison to the first.
- Choices & Preferences: Student’s preference for certain subject is also a crucial aspect for the cutoffs. It shows the direct relationship between the choices & cutoffs. As the number of students will increase for a particular course, in the same ratio the cutoff will increase automatically.
- Five cutoffs only: University will announce total five cutoff lists, after that affiliated colleges can call students for further proceedings, if seats remain vacant. But this time the lists will be prepared by the respective college’s authority only. In this way University provide leverage to colleges to sort out their admission after fifth cutoff.
Courses covered under DU 2016 Cutoff:
- BA [H] Economics
- BA [English]
- BA (Voc.)
- B.Sc. [H]
- B.Sc. (Applied Physical Science)
- B.Sc. (Physical Sciences)
- B.Com [H]
B.Com: It is the most sought after course in the past four year’s history of DU admissions. Cutoff of this course expected to show increment in 2016 too. Last year it was 97.6%.
For more info, Visit:
- Delhi University Undergraduate Admissions 2016
- Delhi University UG Admissions – First Cut-off list 2016