Delhi University (DU) is all set to start its application process for Undergraduate Admissions for the academic session 2017-18 from May 22, 2017, for undergraduate merit-based courses. The university had also announced the dates from UG entrance based, postgraduate and doctoral courses. Aspirants can fill the application form from May 31, 2017, for admission to Entrance based, PG and M.Phil./Ph.D Programs.
Recently, Delhi University (DU) announced that there would be separate application portal for entrance based courses. DU also released a list of courses for which the university is set to conduct an entrance. Earlier the university conducted an entrance exam (DU-JAT) for BMS, BBA and BBE programs only. Now, the university has decided to conduct entrance exams for:
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
- B.A.(Hons.) Business Economics
- B.A. (Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports: B.Sc. (P.E., H.E. & S.)
- B.A. (Hons.) Multimedia and Mass Communication
- B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)
- B.A. (Hons.) Music
Read More: Delhi University Admissions 2017-18
From all the entrance based courses, BA (Hons.) Multimedia and Mass Communication course is open only for women candidates. For certain courses like BMS and BBA, the university will also conduct interview/group discussion after entrance test. The entrance exam will be pen-paper based and objective in nature. While applying for entrance-based courses you will need to upload a photograph, signature, copy of id proof, and a copy of class 10th certificate for proof of date of birth.
Since DU is conducting the entrance exams for some of the courses for the first time. There will be a lot of confusion around how to prepare for the entrance exams which could create a state of dilemma among aspiring students. It is expected that the varsity will soon reveal more facts on the admission process which would come ease the anonymity among the pupil.
DU JAT is one of main entrance tests conducted by Delhi University. The entrance test is conducted for admission to BMS, BBA and BBE programs. DU JAT is a pen and paper based entrance test which consists of 120 Multiple Choice Questions to be attempted within a time limit of 2 hours. Here is a list of some of the better reference books available online/offline which would help candidates in preparing for the Joint Admissions Test:
- The Perfect Study Resource for - Delhi University (DU) BMS Entrance Test
- A Complete Self Study Guide BBA/BBS/BBM (Bachelor of Business Administration/Studies/Management) Entrance Examinations 2016 (Old Edition)
- For English Section: High School Grammar and Composition By Wren and Martin, Revised by Dr. N.D.V Prasad Rao
- For General Knowledge Section: Newspapers, Economic news websites, Class 11 and 12 Business Studies Textbooks, Manorama Yearbook 2015, Current Affairs Made Easy Quarterly Issue.
- For Quantitative and Numerical Ability Section: Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma