Delhi University (DU) has announced the dates for admission to the undergraduate, post graduate and M.Phil/Ph.D courses. The online admission process is set to commence from May 22, 2017, for merit/cut-off based programs. However, for admission to the entrance based programs, candidates can fill the online application form from May 31, 2017. DU has announced just the application/registration start date as of now. The rest of the details will follow around May 22, 2017, once the university notifies about the complete admission process. Since the university has done away with the paper application forms, it is also a possibility that candidates will not be required to visit the colleges for admission. Once the Delhi University Cut-off is announced, they will need to register with the colleges through online mode only.
There have been a lot of speculations in the past few months which include scrapping the entrance test from the admission process or introducing entrance test for admission to all the courses. None of them seems to be true as the university has announced dates for both: Entrance based and Merit based admission process.
Read More: Delhi University Admissions 2017-18
DU is still to give its final verdict on the complete admission process and criteria. The university’s standing committee is also to hold a meeting on whether the admission tests for postgraduate and doctoral programs will be conducted online, as inferred earlier. The rest of the details are expected to surface on any day between May 16, 2017, to May 22, 2017.
Delhi university also declared the dates for admission to Postgraduate and M.Phil./Ph.D programs, candidates can fill the online application form from May 31, 2017.
The University has been planning to begin the admission process a little earlier than the last few years. It is expected that there will be almost 54000 seats in total available for admission. Looking at the trends from the yesteryears, there should be at least 5 Lakh applications coming in for admission.
Delhi University (DU) is one of the most sought after varsities in the country. Apart from the collegiate university admission process, colleges like St. Stephen’s College and Jesus and Mary College would be conducting their own separate selection process. The selection process involves evaluation of the candidates on the basis of the academic performance of the candidate and personal interview conducted by the college.
Undergraduate Merit Based Programs
May 22, 2017
Undergraduate Entrance Based Programs
May 31, 2017
Post Graduate Programs
May 31, 2017
M.Phil. / Ph.D. Programs
May 31, 2017
Here’s all you want to know about Delhi University (DU) Admissions 2017:
- There will be no more offline application mode available, the application process will be completely online including Sports, Extra Curricular Activities (ECA), Kashmiri Migrants, CW (Defence), and PwD (People with Disabilities) categories.
- Admission to most of the courses will be based on merit i.e. the university will follow its cut-off list method for admissions except for BMS, BA (H) Business Economics and BBA (Financial Investment Analysis).
- Delhi university conducts a Joint Entrance Test (DU-JAT) for admission to BMS, BA (H) Business Economics and BBA (Financial Investment Analysis).
- As DU has decided to go paper-free this year, DU-JAT 2017 might be conducted in the online mode. DU-JAT is generally conducted in the month of June, every year.
- There are almost 1600 seats available for admission on the basis of entrance test while there are 54000 seats in total for the admission session 2017-18.