University of Delhi offers admission to candidates into Bachelor of Education program of two-year duration. DU offers admission at its four institutions:
- Faculty of Education (Central Institute of Education-CIE)
- Lady Irwin College (LIC)
- Maharshi Valmiki College of Education (MVCE)
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for women (SPMC)
Lady Irwin College (LIC) and Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women are exclusively for women. Only women candidates can apply to LIC and SPMC. Faculty of Education (Central Institute of Education-CIE) and Maharshi Valmiki College of Education (MVCE) are co-educational institutions.
The application form is available online on the official website. The last date of online registration is June 25, 2017. The basic eligibility required is Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in concerned subject with 50% marks. Candidates need to pay INR 500 for unreserved category and INR 250 for SC/ST/PwD candidates. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the written entrance exam.
Read More DU Admission
DU B.Ed Admission Important Dates
|Starting Date for Online Registration||June 16, 2017|
|Closing Date for Online Registration||June 25, 2017|
|First List announcement, Verification of Documents, Approval of Admission and Payment of online admission Fee||July 20, 2017|
|Second List announcement (if required), Verification of Documents, Approval of Admission and Payment of online admission Fee||July 24-26, 2017|
|Third List announcement (if required), Verification of Documents, Approval of Admission and Payment of online admission Fee||July 31, 2017 to August 2, 2017|
DU B.Ed Eligibility Criteria 2017
Candidates must fulfill all the eligibility criteria to apply for B.Ed course. Candidates must fulfill two criteria which are as follows:
|Minimum Qualifying Marks||Candidates with at least 50% marks in aggregate either in Bachelor’s Degree and/ or in the Master’s Degree in Science/ Social Science/ Humanities/ Commerce or any other qualification equivalent are eligible for admission to the program|
|Candidates with at least 55% marks in aggregate in Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology and specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent are eligible for admission to the program|
|Eligibility for Choosing Teaching Subject||Candidate will have to choose only one teaching subject such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Home Science, Integrated Science, Sanskrit, Hindi, English, History, Political Science, Geography, Economics, Social Science, Commerce, Psychology, Sociology, Punjabi and Urdu which she/he must have studied in the qualifying degree i.e., Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree for at least 200 marks and obtained at least 50% marks in this subject|
Note: Candidates must fulfill both the eligibility conditions.
DU B.Ed Application Process 2017
The application form is available online on the official website. The registration window will close on June 25, 2017. The application process is as follows:
- Visit the official website i.e. http://cie.du.ac.in/
- Click on ‘UG Admission’ and then on ‘Undergraduate admission (Entrance based) 2017-18’ link
- A new window will appear depicting the link for ‘Apply online’
- Application form will appear and fill the form
- After filling, upload the scanned signature and photograph, make the payment and submit it
- After submission, take printout of the application form
Candidates need to upload scanned copy of recent coloured photograph and signature in JPEG, JPG or PNG format. The application fee to be paid by the candidates is as follows:
|Unreserved and OBC category||INR 500|
|SC/ST/PwD category||INR 250|
DU B.Ed Selection Process 2017
Selection of candidates will be done through a Written Entrance Test of 400 marks. The merit will be prepared on the basis of scores obtained in the Written Test.
- The test will be of 2 hours duration with 100 Multiple Choice Questions of 4 marks each.
- For each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- The test will include questions based on understanding and application of concepts in Science, Social Science and Mathematics at school level, language comprehension in both English and Hindi, reasoning, teaching aptitude and general awareness on social, political and economic issues.
- The detailed scheme of entrance test is as follows:
|Topic||Type and Medium||Marks|
|Subject Knowledge at School Level||Multiple-Choice Questions; English or Hindi||240|
|Reasoning, Teaching Aptitude and General Awareness||Multiple-Choice Questions; English or Hindi||80|
|Language Proficiency (in English and Hindi)||Multiple-Choice Questions; English and Hindi||40+40=80|
Documents Required at time of Admission
Candidates need to provide these documents at the time of admission for record and verification. Any candidate who fails to submit the documents will not be entitled to admission. The list of documents are as follows:
- Print out of Admission Form showing Reporting Centre where the selected applicants have to report
- Copy of Admit Card
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marks-Sheet
- Class XII Marks-Sheet
- Class XII Original Certificate
- Provisional Certificate and Marks-Sheet of the Qualifying Examination
- Character Certificate (recent, six months)
- SC/ST/PwD/CW Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- An OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by competent authority and valid for 2017. In case the OBC Certificate is made on or before 1st April 2015, then a proof for the Non-Creamy Layer Status is required
- Migration Certificate: Required for those students who have passed qualifying examination from outside Delhi University
- At least two passport size self-attested photographs
DU B.Ed Admission Contact Details
University of Delhi is one of the premier central universities of the nation and was founded in the year 1922. The University offers UG, PG, M.Phil., Ph.D., Certificate/ Diploma/ Advanced Diploma Courses in various fields. At present, there are 77 colleges under its affiliation with 86 departments.
For any further query or doubt, kindly contact at:
Email ID: email@example.com
Last Updated - 21 Jul 2017