DU CIE (University of Delhi, Central Institute of Education) has released notification for admission to M.Ed. (Master of Education) program for the academic year 2017-18. It is full time two years program. The university offers total 50 seats for M.Ed. admission.
The registration process has started already. Candidates who wish to apply can submit the application form on the official website of the university. The registration fee is INR 500 and for reserved category candidates SC/ ST/ PwD is INR 250.
The selection process consists of entrance test followed by interview round. The paper will held in offline mode (pen paper based). Candidates have to attempt 100 questions in the duration of two hours. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their performance in the written test and interview will be considered for admission process.
Read More DU Admission
DU CIE M.Ed. Eligibility Criteria 2017
Candidates applying for admission to M.Ed. program in DU CIE, have to fulfill the complete eligibility criteria prescribed by the university.
- Applicants must have any of the following degree with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university of institute.
2. B.A. B.Ed.; B.Sc. B.Ed.
4. D.El.Ed. with an Undergraduate Degree
- Reservation and relaxation for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD and other applicable categories will be as per the rule of the central government/ state government whichever is applicable.
Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply for M.Ed. program.
DU CIE M.Ed. Application Form 2017
The registration process has begun. Applicants wishing to apply are required to submit the application form on the official website of the university. Applications received after the due date will not be accepted.
Candidates have to pay an application fee of INR 500 at the time of registration process. The application fee can be paid in online mode through Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card. For SC, ST and PwD INR 250 only.
It is candidate’s responsibility to make sure that, all the information which is mentioned on the application form must be correct and similar to the information of original documents. Students need to mention a valid email address or phone number on the application form.
Steps to Apply:
- Go to official website i.e. www.cie.du.ac.in.
- Click on admission link
- Register by using your email id and password
- Login after the confirmation of email
- Fill application form with all the required information
- Upload all the required documents
- Pay application fee in online mode
- Verify all the information and click on submit button
- Take the print out of application form for future reference
Read More About Delhi University
DU CIE M.Ed. Selection Process 2017
The selection is done on the basis of written test and Interview round. Candidates who will successfully qualify both stages of selection process will be considered for admission process.
- Applications found suitable for admission will be called for entrance test.
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their performance in the entrance test will be called for interview round.
- The university will conduct the interview round to shortlist the candidates for final admission.
- Qualified candidates will be considered for admission to M.Ed. program in Delhi University CIE.
The university offers total 50 seats for M.Ed. admission. Check the table given below for complete seat distributions.
|Category||Number of Seats|
|SC (Schedule Cast)||07|
|ST (Schedule Tribe)||04|
|OBC (Other backward Cast)||14|
Entrance Test Pattern and Syllabus
- The exam is held in offline mode (pen and paper based).
- The question paper consists of 100 questions worth 400 marks. All the questions will be in MCQ format (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Candidates will get the duration of two hours to attempt all the questions.
- Four marks will be awarded for every correct response.
- Negative marking is also applicable. For each wrong answer one mark would be deducted.
About Delhi University Central Institute of Education 2017
CIE (Central Institute of Education) also known as the Department of Education of the University of Delhi. It offers admission in under graduate, post graduate, and Ph.D. courses. The first Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and the first Education Minister, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad took considerable interest in CIE's establishment in 1947.
Address: 35, Delhi University, Chhatra Marg, New Delhi,
Phone: 011 2766 7509
Last Updated - 21 Jul 2017