Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) has released an official notification for admission the full time PhD programs. The research area includes Engineering, Management, Social Sciences, Sciences and Humanities. Candidates must fulfill eligibility criteria for admission to the college.
- candidates must qualify the selection process which will take place in two parts i.e. RAT (common for all eligible candidates) and Discipline wise proficiency evaluation.
- Candidates are required to produce a set of the self-attested photocopies of all the relevant testimonials along with the original documents during the selection procedure.
Candidates must match the eligibility criteria and in case of any discrepancy, Candidate will be disqualified from the process.
Important Dates for PDPU PhD Admissions
|Last Date for Receipt of the Application Form at PDPU||June 5, 2017|
|Announcement of the candidates eligible for|
the selection procedure on the website
|June 13, 2017|
|Date of Selection Procedure RAT||June 23, 2017|
|Announcement of the list of|
Candidates offered the admission
|July 4, 2017|
|Last Date for paying fees||July 10, 2017|
|Induction programme for admitted candidates||July 24, 2017|
|Commencement of the term||July 24, 2017|
School of Technology (Solar Energy):
- Compound semiconductor thin films materials and silicon for high-efficiency homo and heterojunction Photovoltaic Solar Cell.
- High Energy density Li ion battery and Super capacitors, DSSC, Solid state DSSC based on perovskite, Organic Solar Cells, Fuel Cell and efficient water splitting for hydrogen generation using solar radiation.
Mechanical Engineering (Renewable Energy):
- Biodiesel, Wind energy
- Solar hybrid technology, Solar thermal applications and marine renewable energy
- Water desalinization, refrigeration system, waste heat recovery
- Thermal comfort, sustainable manufacturing, Advance refrigeration system and tri-generation
- Finite Element Analysis, Additive Manufacturing/Rapid Prototyping, Bio printing, Drug manufacturing using Rapid Prototyping
- Innovative and creative materials for rapid prototyping processes, Composite materials, and computational mechanics of materials
- Theory & Practice
- Modelling & Analysis of Industrial Engineering Systems
- Micro Small & Medium Enterprise
- Power System Protection
- Power electronics, Electrical machines, Electrical Power Systems, High Voltage Engineering, Power Quality, Control Systems
- Geotechnical Engineering and Earthquake Engineering
- Soil-Structure interaction, Reinforced Earth, Environmental Geotechnics, Cost Effective Green Technology
- Image Processing, Data Mining, Multimedia Computing, Data Security, Parallel and Distributed Computing, Remote Sensing with GIS
- Algorithms, Information Security and Privacy, Cryptography, Security in Remote User Authentication, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Wireless Adhoc and Sensor Networks, Vehicular Adhoc Networks.
Information & Communication Technology:
- Application of Speech Enhancement Techniques in Digital Hearing Aids and Communication Devices
- IoT, Microwave Devices, Micro strip Antenna
PDPU Eligibility Criteria for Phd
Candidates seeking admission in the University, must fulfill the eligibility Criteria.
- For Research in an area of Engineering/ Technology:
The minimum CPI (Cumulative Performance Index) of all the semesters must be 6.5 or minimum of 60% marks either in B. Tech or M.Tech/ M.E or its equivalent in similar area recognized by AIU OR Aggregate of all semesters in B Tech in Engineering/ Technology or its equivalent, recognized by AIU with minimum CPI 6.5 or 60% of marks and experience of more than 15 years in the same field.
- For Research in an area of sciences:
The minimum CPI of all the semesters should be 6.5 or minimum marks should be 60% in M. Sc. or its equivalent as recognized by AIU.
- For research in an area of Management:
The minimum CPI of 6.5 or minimum marks 60% is required in both i.e. the Bachelors as well as in Masters (MBA/M.Tech/M.E/ACA/AICWA/ACS) or its equivalent as recognized by AIU.
- For research in an area related to Liberal Studies
- Minimum of 55% marks are required in MA or its equivalent and recognition by AIU.
- H3 PDPU Selection Procedure for PhD:
While appearing for the selection procedure, candidates must bring their original documents with their self-attested photo copies. Selection will take place in two steps:
1) Subject wise Test will be conducted, which will consist of 100 questions, each question will carry 1 mark
2) Qualifying marks will be 50%.
- Research Aptitude Test (RAT) and will be same for all eligible candidates
3) The test will be of 60 minutes duration.
- Discipline wise proficiency-evaluation- It can be in the form of written or oral test, depends on the college/ conducting authority.
Semester Fees for the Course
|Non Refundable fees||For Part Time Students: INR 50,000/- For Full Time students: INR 25,000/ as Tuition fees|
|Refundable fees||For Library Deposit - INR 5000/- For Caution Money Deposit – INR 10,000/- Fees for a single Application: INR 2000/-|
|Research fellowships (only for full time students)- will be provided to few depending on merit list||Up to first two years: Rs 25,000/- per month In the third year: Rs 30,000/- per month|
PDPU PhD Admissions How to Apply
- Candidates must fill the application form, available at the official website i.e. www.pdpu.ac.in and application fees of INR 2000 must be paid along with the form which is non- refundable.
- Application fee can be made through Demand Draft (DD) in favor of Director General, PDPU
For more information regarding the same or in case of any query, candidates can visit the official website.
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU), Gandhi Nagar (Recognized by UGC), Raisan, Gandhinagar-382007 (Gujarat), Website www.pdpu.ac.inLast Updated - 13 Jun 2017