The Maharishi Dayanand University was started in 1976 as Rohtak University. It has 36 colleges under its wing and in 1983, it was inducted into the list of colleges and universities under the University Grants Commission. The university has 2 other campuses in Gurgaon and Rewari.
The Distance Education wing of the University is a flourishing one. There are 150 centers spread across 13 states of the country. The university offers a 2 year long MBA program.
- The course is divided into 4 semesters.
- In the last 2 semesters, students are allowed to take up specialization papers.
- The range of specialization papers includes Retail Management, Operations Research Management, International Business, Marketing Management, Human Resources Management, Financial Management and Information Technology Management.
- Graduates from the university are allowed to get additional specialization done on payment of Rs 1000/-.
- The maximum time that someone can take to complete the course is 5 years.
- The degree given is recognized by the UGC and Distance Education Council or DEC.
Eligibility Conditions to be met:
The Maharishi Dayanand University correspondence MBA criterion is not very stringent which is why many people can enroll for the course:
- A student has to graduate from school in the regular 10+2 mode or have 3 years of technical education from a recognized directorate or board of technical education in Haryana.
- Graduation or post graduation degree in any discipline, as recognized by UGC and the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Candidates seeking lateral entry need to have 3 years work education in a supervisory or managerial position from a private, government or semi government institution.
Admission procedure for enrolling for the course:
- The Maharishi Dayanand University Correspondence MBA admission procedure for 2014 shall be conducted twice in a year, January and July.
- The admission form is available online and it can be downloaded.
- The documents needed (mark sheets of intermediate/graduation/post graduation) can be uploaded online.
- An e-challan is available online and the fees for the courses can be paid through them at an Axis or State Bank of India branch.
- Fees can be paid online as well using a debit or credit card.
- The filled in form needs to be mailed to the Registrar of the University.
Fees needed to be paid for the course:
To attend the MBA course in MDU, you need to pay fees in every semester. The Maharishi Dayanand University Correspondence MBA fee is around Rs 15,000/- per semester, which is quite reasonable compared to distance education MBA courses conducted by other private universities.
Getting an MBA degree is quite essential to progress in one’s career nowadays. Without an MBA degree it is not possible to get into a good position of any company. This course is quite good in terms of the exposure offered by it. Many people have completed the course and gotten good jobs.Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015