Maharishi Dayanand University, formerly known as Rohtak University, has 36 colleges under its aegis. The university was first established in 1976 and in 1983 it came under affiliation of the University Grants Commission. The University has 2 other campuses- one in Gurgaon and another in Rewari.
The MDU runs a successful distance education directorate which has 150 study centers spread across 13 states of India. The university’s Directorate of Distance Education offers a 2 year long MBA program.
Details of the MBA program:
- The program offered is recognized by the UGC and the DEC.
- The duration of the program is 2 years. A student can take up to 5 years to complete the program.
- The course has been devised in the semester mode of education.
- The 3rd and 4th semesters have specialization papers. Students can pick any one from- Financial Management, Information Technology Management, Marketing Management, Human Resource Development, International Business Management, Production and operations management and retail management.
- Students who have passed out can also get additional specializations done on payment of Rs 1,000/-. However, it needs to be within 2 years of graduation.
- Lateral entry is allowed in the 3rd semester of the program.
Eligibility Conditions for the Program
The university does not demand a lot for admissions. The number of seats are limited and an applicant needs to fulfill the following conditions.
- Graduation in the 10+2 mode of education or 3 years of education from the board of technical education in Haryana or some recognized directorate.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in any discipline from a college recognized by the UGC or the AIU.
- For lateral entry in the course, a candidate must have 3 years worth of experience in a supervisory position in a government/semi government/ private or public enterprise.
The Maharishi Dayanand University Distance Learning MBA criterion is fairly simple and can be met by anyone.
Process of Admission:
- Interested candidates can apply for Distance MBA program online.
- Scanned copies of relevant documents (matriculation/intermediate/graduation/post graduation) need to be uploaded.
- Admission fees can be paid online or through DD.
- Since the MBA course is a semester based, the admission process is conducted twice in a year- January and July.
- The filled in form needs to be sent to the Registrar of the university along with the challan of the admission fee.
- The e-Challan is available online and it needs to be submitted at Axis Bank or SBI.
- A late fine is charged if the admission fees are not deposited within the stipulated date.
The Maharishi Dayanand University Distance Learning MBA admission procedure for 2014 is yet to commence.
Fees for the course:
The Maharishi Dayanand University being a government university, does not charge much money. For each semester, the Maharishi Dayanand University Distance Learning MBA fee would be around Rs 15,000/-.
Many people have gotten an MBA degree from the university and they have landed plush jobs and promotions at a company. The course is comprehensive and offers insight into the workings of a business.Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015