Application for admission to various Ph.D. programs have been invited by Sher-E-Kashmir University of Agriculture Science and Technology (SKUAST) Srinagar, Kashmir from permanent residents of Kashmir. The application form can be downloaded from the official website of the university.
The important dates for the program are:
Last date of form submission
December 11, 2015
Date of Entrance Test (CET)
January 16, 2016
Faculty of Veterinary Sciences & Animal Husbandry, Shuhama, Alusteng (11 AM to 2PM)
Sher-E-Kashmir University Ph.D. Program Eligibility Criteria 2015-16:
- The applying candidates should have passed their master’s degree in related discipline with atleast 65% marks or obtained an OGPA of 6.50/10
- The candidates who are likely to complete their degrees on or by January 31, 2016 may also apply
- The candidates working as JRFs/SRFs shall also have to appear for the written test, although they will only be granted admission after producing a ‘NO-Objection Certificate’ from the P.I. concerned
Sher-E-Kashmir University of Agriculture Sciences and Technology Srinagar Ph.D. Program 2015-16 Application Process:
- The application form along with Information Brochure can be downloaded from the University website. The duly filled application from along with payment of non-refundable fee of Rs. 3000/- in the form of bank draft drawn in favor of Comptroller, SKUAST-K payable at Kashmir.
- Completely filled up application forms along with all the required document proving the entries/qualification mentioned in the application form plus three copies of recent passport size photographs are to be sent to the below mentioned process before December 11, 2015.
The office of Registrar,
Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Science & Technology of Kashmir,
The instructions to download online application forms are as follows:
- Open the official website of the university.
- At the bottom of the page under ‘Admissions 2015-16’, click on ‘Application Form for Ph.D. Degree Program 2015-16’.
- The application form will open in a new window in a pdf format. You will have to take a print out of the form and the fill it and send it in the manner explained above.
SKUAST Kashmir Ph.D. Program 2015-16 Selection Procedure:
- Eligible candidates shall be required to appear in the Written Test of 90 marks at Faculty of Veterinary Sciences & Animal Husbandry, Shuhama, Alusteng
- The short listed candidates shall have to appear before the Selection Committee for Research Aptitude Assessment of 10 marks
- Candidate who have qualified SRF/Inspire during the year 2015 are exempted from appearing in the Written Test
- Apart from merit-based and in-service candidates, self-sponsored candidates may also apply. They will have to appear in the written entrance test. Upon seeking admission, the non-sponsored candidates will have to pay a sum of Rs. 40,000 per semester in addition to normal fee/other charges payable by the candidate at the beginning of the semester