University of Jammu, JU, came into existence in 1969. NAAC accredited ‘A+’ grade to the university and it is ISO 9001:2000 certified. University provides regular courses as well as distance education. The University offers specialization in various undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral/research programs.
The university of Jammu invites application for admission to the M.Tech in Computer Science for the academic session 2017-2019. Duration of the courses is 2 years. Selection to the program will be on the basis of valid GATE score. Last date to submit application form is July 3, 2017.
- Application forms are available in online and offline mode.
- Application fee of INR 1000 can only be submitted through offline mode.
- In case of inadequate Candidates, University of Jammu can also conduct entrance examination.
- Date of the entrance examination is July 19, 2017
- Entrance examination will contain 50 questions (1 mark each) and candidates must score more than 50% for selection to the course.
Note: Application forms can be submitted till July 7, 2017, but with the addition of late fee of INR 300.
University of Jammu M. Tech (Computer Science) 2017 Important Dates
Important Dates and Events for admission to University of Jammu M.Tech (Computer Science) program are:
|Starting date for purchase of application form||June 16, 2017|
|Last date for submission (extended)||July 3, 2017|
|Last date with addition of late fee of INR 300||July 7, 2017|
|Issuing of admit card||July 10-12, 2017|
|Date of entrance examination (if required)||July 19, 2017|
University of Jammu M. Tech (Computer Science) 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates for admission to University of Jammu M.Tech in Computer Science must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidate must have at least 60% marks or its equivalent CGPA grade in B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science/IT/Electrical Engineering/ECE from a recognized university; or
- Candidates must have secured at least 60% marks or its equivalent CGPA in MCA/ M.Sc. in Computer Science/IT/Electronics/Mathematics/Statistics/Physics from a recognized University
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST categories qualifying marks will be 55% or equivalent from a recognized university.
University of Jammu M. Tech (Computer Science) 2017 Application Process
Interested and eligible candidates can fill Application form in online as well as in offline mode. The detailed application process for both the modes is given below:
Offline Mode: Offline Application forms can be obtained from the Department of Computer Science & IT from University of Jammu on payment of INR 1000 through a Bank Draft. It should be drawn in favour of the Head, Department of Computer Science & IT, University of Jammu payable at Jammu.
Online Mode: Online Application Forms can also be downloaded from the University’s official website i.e. www.jammuuniversity.in
How to Apply:
- Candidates must fill all the information correctly in the application form i.e. personal information and educational qualification correctly.
- Duly filled in online and offline applications forms must be submitted to the office of the Head Department of Computer Science & IT along with the requisite bank draft for INR 1000 (in case of online application forms)
Note: Eligible outstation candidates can also send their requests for application forms by post to the Head of Department of Computer Science IT, University of Jammu- 180006. Bank draft of INR 1000 must also be sent along with self- addressed duly stamped envelope
University of Jammu M. Tech (Computer Science) 2017 Selection Process
Selection to University of Jammu M.Tech in Computer Science will be on the basis of following selection criteria:
- Selection to the M. Tech. in Computer Science shall be made on the merit based on valid GATE score.
- The University also reserves right to conduct entrance examination in case of inadequate candidates.
- In case of entrance exam, date of examination will be July 19, 2017
- Test will contain 50 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each.
- Duration of the entrance examination will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Candidates appearing in University’s entrance examination must obtain minimum of 50% marks to be eligible for admission i.e. 25 questions must be attempted correctly out of 50.
University of Jammu Contact Details
Department of Computer Science Information Technology, University of Jammu
Official Websites: www.dcsju.in or www.jammuuniversity.in
Last Updated - 21 Jul 2017