Bangalore University, Bangalore invites applications for admission to 5 Years Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Law (B.A LL.B) Program in the University Law College, Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bangalore University for the academic year 2017-18.
- Admission will be done on the basis of merit cum reservation policy of the Govt. of Karnataka /Bangalore University rules and,
- Application/Admission Fee once paid will not be refunded.
A. Course Offered
2. LL.M.Degree in
- Constitutional and Administrative Laws
- Corporate and Commercial laws
- Labor and employment Laws
B. Nature of Course
1. Semester Scheme
2. Annual Scheme
3. Research Degree
- 5 years
- 1 Year
- Full Time: 3-5 Years
- Part Time: 4-6 Years
1. 80 (60 seats with regular fee+ 20 seats under self-finance scheme).
2. 10 (8 regular fee & 2 under self-financing)
3. 8 Candidates per Research Supervisor
About Bangalore University, Bangalore
Bangalore University is located in the Garden City of Bangalore aptly hailed as the “I.T. Capital of India”. Initially, the two premier colleges of the city, the Central College (CC) and the University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering (UVCE) formed the nucleus of Bangalore University.
- To Import quality education to meet national and global challenges.
- To blend theoretical knowledge with practical skills.
- To encourage the faculty to pursue academic excellence through high quality research and publication.
- To provide access to all sections of society to pursue higher education.
- To promote the use of new technologies in teaching and research.
- To inculcate right values among students while encouraging.
Bangalore University BA LLB Admission 2107 Important Dates
|Last Date for Receipt of duly filled in Applications||June 24, 2017|
|Publication of the eligible candidate’s Omnibus merit list on the College N.B & Web.||July 10, 2017|
|Counselling cum admission for merit regular seat in the College||July 17, 2017|
|Payment Quota and Supernumerary Seats in the College||July 20, 2017|
|Commencement of 1st Semester BA, LLB Classes||August 1, 2017|
BA LLB Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to completed Pre-University course or Senior Secondary School course (‘+2’) or equivalent (such as 11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized University in India or outside, or from a Senior Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a state Government securing in the aggregate, marks not less than 45% (in the case of SC/ST 40%) of the total marks.
- Candidates obtaining 10+2 directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible.
- Candidate having passed Job Oriented course and Diploma Course are not eligible to seek admission in B.A., LLB.
- Candidates obtaining 44.5% in case of General Merit & 39.5% in case of SC/ST will be-deemed to have secured 45% and 40% respectively.
- Maximum age for seeking admission to the B.A., LL.B. Degree Course is 20 years of age.
- In the case of Foreign Nationals, English Language as one of the compulsory subjects in 10+2 or equivalent by obtaining grade or marks equivalent to 45% in aggregate.
Bangalore University BA LLB Application Procedure
Duly filled in downloaded application form and submit it to "The Principal, University Law College, Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bangalore University, Bangalore-560056" along with attested copies of required documents and DD of Fee in favor of the Finance Office, Bangalore, University, Bangalore-560056 payable at State Bank of Mysore, Nagrabhavi Branch, Bangalore.
- G.M. & Other Category: INR 500 (for Regular Quota); INR 600 (for Payment Quota) & INR 850 (for Regular & Payment Quota)
- SC/ST/CAT-I Category: INR 360 (for Regular Quota); INR 415 (for Payment Quota) & INR 550 (for Regular & Payment Quota)
Application/Admission Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
Instructions for filling the Application
1. The age limit on the date of application for General category is 20 years and SC/ST categories 22 years.
2. The application form and registration form must be filled in by the candidate only.
3. Duly attested must be Photocopies of marks cards/certificate of examinations passed will be enclosed.
4. Recent passport size photograph must be affixed in the space provided in the application.
5. In case of gap / discontinuation in studies, it must be explained fully.
6. SC/ST Students to be admitted to B.A., LL.B. course after discontinuation of their graduation degree will pay general category fee both Administration & Examination (full fee).
7. Application form found incomplete or deficient or required photocopy is not attached or attested, the application will be treated as incomplete and will be rejected.
8. The Application/admission fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
9. The candidates, who leave the course after taking admission, to join some other institution will have to pay full five years course fees, as applicable to them and to take their original documents.
Photostat copies to be attached with Application:
- II PUC / XII Std. / 10+2 Marks Card.
- I PUC / XI Std. / 10+1 Marks Card.
- X Std. S.S.L.C. Marks Card.
- Character certificate from head of the Institution last attended
- Proof / Certificate of Reservation category & Income Certificate.
- Social Welfare Online Registration Form Number (SC/ST Candidates only).
- Explanation of the gap period. If any, on a separate sheet.
- Any other Proof / Certificate that may advance the cause for admission / merit of the candidate.
- Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate.
Bangalore University, Bangalore
University Law College, Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bangalore University, Bangalore-560056 (Karnataka), Website www.bangaloreuniversity.ac.in
Last Updated - 13 Jun 2017