Bangalore University was established in July 1964 in the garden city of Bangalore with a vision of promoting excellence in education. University offers various programs such as Undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D. and integrated courses. It invites applications for admissions to various PG courses like M.A, M.Sc, M.Com, M.Ed on its various affiliated colleges for academic year 2017-18.
- Last date of application is July 5, 2017.
- Admissions will be purely merit based, no entrance exam is conducted.
- Application process is offline.
- Application fee can be made by offline or online mode.
Read More BU Bangalore
Bangalore University PG Admissions 2017 Important Dates
|Downloading of application||June 22, 2017|
|Last date of submission of application without fine||July 5, 2017|
|Last date of submission of application with fine of INR 200||July 11, 2017|
|Announcement of Omnibus Merit list||July 17, 2017|
|Last date for submission of letter for correction in omnibus merit list||July 19, 2017|
|Announcement of Final Merit List||July 21, 2017|
|Counselling for admission to PG courses in Arts, commerce and education||July 24-26, 2017|
|Counselling for admission to PG courses in Science Faculty||July 27-28, 2017|
|Commencement of I Semester classes||August 2, 2017|
Bangalore University PG Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to have a undergraduate degree form a recognized university in any discipline to be eligible to these programmes.
- M.A courses: A minimum percentage of 40% with 55% being the minimum for language course.
- M.Sc courses: A minimum percentage of 50% in all the subjects.
Bangalore University PG Admissions 2017 Application Process
Separate applications must be submitted for each PG course. The steps for application process are as follows:
- Go to official website i.e. www.bangaloreuniversity.ac.in.
- Click on ‘Students corner’ tab and then on ‘Post graduate courses’ tab.
- A new window will appear depicting the PG Admissions 2017-18 link, click on this link.
- A new page will display depicting the link of application form for download.
- Download the form and fill it completely accompanied with the application fee and send it to the concerned chairperson of the department. The address of the concerned departments is depicted in the university website.
Read More BU Admission
Candidates need to attach following documents with the application form:
- Passing certificate and marksheet of 10th.
- Marksheet of 12th board exams.
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Identity proof (voter id/ driving license/ aadhar card etc)
- Acknowledgement slip of payment
- Recent passport sized photograph
Candidates applying for various pg courses are required to pay the application fee and submit the receipt along with the application. Application fee is INR 200 for general candidates and INR 100 for SC/ST candidates. The application fee can be paid in two ways:
- Offline Mode: In this mode we need to make payment by paying cash in any branch of SBI or Axis bank across the country using ‘University Challan’ generated and downloaded through the link ‘On-Line Admission Application processing fee payment’ under the widget ‘ëPayment’ in Bangalore Univeristy website www.bangaloreuniversity.ac.in.
- Online Mode: In this we need to make payment online by using
- Net Banking
- Online NEFT Transfer
- Credit card
- Debit card
Click on the link On-Line Admission Application processing fee payment under the widget ‘ëPayment’ in Bangalore Univeristy website. Fill the required information, make payment and download the receipt.
NOTE: Payment made by Demand Draft or direct money transfer to university account will not be considered or refunded.
Bangalore University PG Admissions 2017 Selection Process
Admissions to these courses depends upon the omnibus merit list. The list is prepared on the basis of information given in the application form. Candidates can appear for counselling when they will be allotted a course based on availability of course and position in the list.
Bangalore University PG Admissions 2017 Contact Details
For Admissions Approval for Post Graduate Courses contact Academic -IV department on the contact no 080-22961040.
Last Updated - 23 Jun 2017