The fellow program in management at IIM Bangalore is one of the most rigorous research programs in the field of business management and public policy. The prestigious institute offers the program to motivated individuals who are reluctant to reach the zenith in their fields of research.
The approximate number of seats available under the program is 30 and the scholars are expected to complete the program in 5 years although the program may be stretched to a maximum of 7 years.
The program is being offered by the institute for upcoming session of 2016. The crucial dates to apply and everything you need to know about it has been simplified for you in the following repertoire:
Online form will be available from
December 1, 2015
Last date for submission of online form
January 25, 2016
IIMB Test Date
February 7, 2016
Research Aptitude Test and Interview
April, 2016 (tentatively)
Registration and other formalities for the program
Note: IIMB test will be conducted by IIMB at Bangalore and New Delhi.
The areas/disciplines of specializations being offered under the program are:
- Corporate Strategy and Policy
- Economics and Social Sciences
- Finance and Control
- Information System
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
- Production and Operation Management
- Quantitative methods
IIM Bangalore FPM Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates must possess:
- A Master's Degree (bachelor’s degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern, followed by a master’s degree )
- A 5 year Integrated Master’s Degree (obtained after completing higher secondary schooling in 10+2 pattern) in any discipline, with at least 55% marks.
- Any professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS, with at least 55% marks
- A 4 year / 8 semesters Bachelor's degree (10+2+4 pattern) with at least 60% marks
Students in their final year of their qualifying programs may also apply although they will only be allowed to join provisionally after they submit a certificate by their Principal/ Head of the Department / Registrar or Director of the University / Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2016) stating that they have appeared for all the examinations in all the subjects.
Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Master's / Bachelor's degree / equivalent qualification. The last date for submission of mark sheet and the Certificate is December 31, 2016.
IIM Bangalore FPM 2016 Application Process:
The application form will be available at Official Website of IIM Bangalore. Applications can be submitted online from December 1, 2016 to January 25, 2016.
Please note that candidates can apply to a maximum of two areas of specialization.
The application fee (Non-Refundable) is:
- Rs. 500/- for candidates applying with either of GMAT, GRE ,CAT ,GRE ,JRF (NET) score
- Rs. 1500/- for candidates opting to take the IIMB Test
IIMB FPM 2016 Admission Process:
Candidates will be admitted on the basis of their test scores. The same has been explained below:
- Candidates will require a valid test score either of GMAT, GRE, CAT, GATE, JRF (NET) score, or must take the b, to be considered for admission. Candidates should provide the official score card/test takers copy (in case results are not announced), as applicable to the test taken.
- Applicants who may not be in a position to take any of the other tests must apply with the option of taking the IIMB Test to be conducted by IIMB on February 07, 2016 at Bangalore and New Delhi
IIMB FPM 2016 Selection Process:
The selection to the program will be based the candidate’s past academic performance, tests taken by the candidate, work experience, area specific test and/or interview performance etc.
The selected candidates will be called to Bangalore for an area specific research test and/or Interview.
Interviews are expected to be held in the first / second week of April 2016 (tentatively).
Selected Candidates for admission are required to attend a Preparatory Course which is expected to be scheduled from late May through mid-June 2016. Registration for the program will be in mid-June 2016.
IIMB FPM 2016 Financial Support:
FPM students in good standing will receive a stipend of Rs. 29,300/-per month (in addition to tuition waiver) for up to four years and nine months to cover their living expenses.
Students are required to be in attendance on a full-time basis and devote all their time to course-work and research, and are also required to provide teaching and research assistance. Other financial support made available to students includes:
- Startup grant (in the first year) of Rs 75,000 to meet expenses on purchasing hardware, software, etc.
- Contingency grant (annual, in years 2-5) of Rs. 25,000 to meet expenses on purchasing hardware, software, etc.
- Post-Proposal stipend increment, monthly: Rs. 2,000
- House Rent Allowance (Monthly) for those who live off-campus,
- Rs. 8,500 (single students)
- Rs. 13,000 (married students)
- Hostel room charge waiver for those who are eligible for financial aid
- National Conference grants of up to Rs. 20,000 each towards accepted papers for two conferences (prior approval needed)
- International Conference grants of up to Rs.1,50,000 each towards a first accepted paper, and up to Rs. 75,000 each for subsequent conferences (prior approval needed)