Karnataka State Open University was started in the year 1996 and it is affiliated to the Distance Education Council, New Delhi and is a part of the Association of Indian Universities, Asian Association of Universities, Beijing, China. The university offers a number of graduate and post graduate courses. It has 3 MBA courses- General MBA, Executive MBA and MBA in Fire and Safety.
The MBA program in Fire and Safety is quite unique and it is not offered in many universities.
Common features of the programs:
- The General MBA and MBA in Fire and Safety program are 2 years long and divided into 4 semesters. A student will be given a maximum of 4 years to clear the program. The executive MBA is however a 1 year long course.
- Students have to take some papers compulsorily in the 1st year and then electives in the 2nd year.
- Students will be allotted final marks in papers in the following way- 25% from internal examinations and 75% from external examinations.
- To pass in both internal and external, a student has to score 40% individually in each examination.
- A student can retake examinations in some of the papers by paying the following amounts:
- For one paper: Rs 400/-
- For 2 papers: Rs 800/-
- For 3 papers: Rs 1200/-
- For 4 papers: Rs 1600/-
- For 5 papers or more: Rs 2000/-
Criterion for General MBA:
- The Karnataka State Open University Correspondence MBA criterion requires you to have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- You can pick your electives from the following subjects:
- Quality Management
- Industrial Management
- Hospital Management
- International Business Management
- Material Management
- Insurance and Banking
- Construction Management
- Project Management
- Production management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Pharma Management
- Retail Management
- IT Management
- Human Resources Management
- Operations Research
Karnataka State Open University Correspondence MBA fee for the course has been listed below:
- Tuition fees: Rs 10,000/-
- Examination Fees: Rs 1500/-
- Admission Fees: Rs 500/-
The Karnataka State Open University Correspondence MBA admission procedure for 2014 will begin in July 2014 for which the semester end examinations will be conducted in December 2014. Admission forms will be made available online and students can collect it from study center as well. To locate a study centre near your neighborhood, you can contact the University at the email addresses and numbers provided. Students can enroll in the program for a late fee of Rs 200.
To enroll for the executive MBA, Karnataka State Open University criterion is given below:
- Along with 3 years bachelor’s degree, an applicant needs to have 2 years work experience in a managerial or supervisory position.
- Diploma holders need to have 5 years experience in a managerial or supervisory position, after the diploma has been completed. Moreover, the diploma needs to be from a recognized university.
The specialization subjects on offer are the same as those in the General MBA program and so are the fees
MBA in Road and Fire Safety:
The eligibility criterion for enrolling for the course in Road and Fire Safety is given below:
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks.
- Applicants with marks less than 50% need to have 2 years work experience in a managerial or supervisory position.
The specialization papers offered to students are:
- Human Resource
- Road Safety
The fee for MBA (Road & Fire Safety) is the same as the other 2 courses.Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015