Karnataka State Open University was started in 1996 and it is recognized by the Distance Education Council, in New Delhi. It is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities, Asian Association of Open Universities, Beijing China and many other such national and international organizations.
Bangalore being a new age city, understands the needs of the current job scenario and this university is no different. The university offers three kinds of MBA programs- General MBA, Executive MBA and MBA in Fire and Safety.
Common Features of the Programs:
- The General MBA and the MBA in Fire and Safety programs are for 2 years, divided into 4 semesters. However, once a student enrolls for the program, they need to clear it within 4 years. The executive MBA lasts for 1 year.
- The programs have got compulsory papers in the first year and elective papers in the second year.
- The pattern of examination is given as- 75% from the external examination and 25% for the internal examination.
- The minimum passing percentage for both the external examination and the internal examination is 40%.
- A student can re appear in papers by paying the following amounts:
For one paper: Rs 400/-
For two papers: Rs 800/-
For 3 papers: Rs 1200/-
For 4 papers: Rs 1600/-
For more than 4 papers: Rs 2000/-
- Karnataka State Open University Distance MBA Criterion requires you to have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline to pursue this course.
- You can pick your electives from the following options:
- Human Resources
- IT Management
- Operations Research
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Retails Management
- Pharma Management
- Construction Management
- Production Management
- Project Management
- International Business Management
- Insurance and Banking
- Material Management
- Hospital Management
- Industrial Management
- Quality Management
Karnataka State Open University Distance MBA fee for this course is given below:
- Tuition Fee- Rs 10,000/-
- Examination Fee- Rs 1,500/-
- Admission Fee- Rs 500/-
Karnataka State Open University Distance MBA admission procedure for 2014 will begin from July 2014 for the winter session whose examinations will be conducted at the end of December 2014. Students can join the program a little after the last date by paying a fine of Rs 200/-. The forms are available at the study centre. To locate a study centre near you, contact the university at the number given on their website.
Karnataka State Open University Distance MBA criterion for the executive MBA is given below:
- A 3 year bachelor’s degree along with 2 years work experience in a supervisory or managerial position. OR
- A diploma degree from a recognized university with 5 year's post diploma experience in a managerial or supervisory position.
The specialization subjects offered are the same as that in the general MBA course and so is the fee structure.
MBA in Fire Safety:
The eligibility criteria for the course:
- A 3 years bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks.
- Interested candidates who have below 50% must have 2 year long experience in a supervisory or managerial position.
The specialization subjects offered in the MBA for Fire & Safety are:
- Road Safety
- Human Resource
Karnataka State Open University Distance MBA Fee for this course is the same as the others.Last Updated - 28 Jan 2015